Notices

Hondata Datalogging and VTEC Pressure light staying on even before VTEC! Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 07:45 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata Datalogging and VTEC Pressure light staying on even before VTEC! Problem?

Well I have been datalogging lately and the other day the VTEC Pressure light did not light up until I actually HIT VTEC , the Pressure and Spool lights lit up together. Last Night I satalogged some and the Pressure light stayed on all the time but the SPOOL did not until I actually hit VTEC. No check engine lights at all. I disconnected the VTEC pressure switch and the light on Hondalogger stayed on NO CODES and then the VTEC solenoid of course got a code 22. I watched the Example Datalog from Hondata dn the Pressure stayed on the whole time but the Spool never lit up. I took the VTEC solenoid off and cleaned the filter and checked the solenoid's spring and it seemed fine. I reinstalled and still the same Pressure light stays on. I compared the solenoid to another solenoid I had so it doesnt seem like anything was wrong with it, I guess I could swap these out today and try that. Any ideas?
Old 10-04-2003, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Datalogging and VTEC Pressure light staying on even before VTEC! Problem? (Boostfed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I have been datalogging lately and the other day the VTEC Pressure light did not light up until I actually HIT VTEC , the Pressure and Spool lights lit up together. Last Night I satalogged some and the Pressure light stayed on all the time but the SPOOL did not until I actually hit VTEC. No check engine lights at all. I disconnected the VTEC pressure switch and the light on Hondalogger stayed on NO CODES and then the VTEC solenoid of course got a code 22. I watched the Example Datalog from Hondata dn the Pressure stayed on the whole time but the Spool never lit up. I took the VTEC solenoid off and cleaned the filter and checked the solenoid's spring and it seemed fine. I reinstalled and still the same Pressure light stays on. I compared the solenoid to another solenoid I had so it doesnt seem like anything was wrong with it, I guess I could swap these out today and try that. Any ideas?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I looked at my datalogs (About half of the 50 I have) and all of them don't have the spool or pressure light on until I hit VTEC. This is a D series motor though so I don't know if it is different than yours.
It really sounds like there is a wiring problem. I know it is something you don't want to hear but to me, that is what it sounds like. Then again, maybe there is a difference in the VTEC stuff between B & D motors. I will think about it a little bit too.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:13 PM
New User

Default Re: Hondata Datalogging and VTEC Pressure light staying on even before VTEC! Problem? (Boostfed)

Noone? I did switch the VTEC solenoid out today but now my DAMN Hondalogger starts getting this stupid error about that says

Hondalogger X
X Floating point overflow

NOW WTF IS THAT?

EDIT:OK I swapped the VTEC Solenoid and still the Pressure Light stays lit! I don't think it is affecting anything.

Modified by Boostfed at 2:02 AM 10/5/2003
Old 10-04-2003, 11:24 PM

My car did the same thing but I just shut it off with datalogger
Old 10-04-2003, 11:56 PM
New User

Default Re: Hondata Datalogging and VTEC Pressure light staying on even before VTEC! Problem? (9psiTurboSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 9psiTurboSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My car did the same thing but I just shut it off with datalogger </TD></TR></TABLE>
HUH? You mean you just shut datalogger off so you wouldn't have to look at the Pressure Light anymore?