Notices

HONDATA.... advantages over emanage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HONDATA.... advantages over emanage?

OK... I have some questions about the two systems. I have the greddy emanage unit with all the extra sensors and harnesses. My buddy is currently having lots of problems with the greddy people and their products. I need to know the actual advantages that hondata has over emanage. Everyone on this forum always says that hondata was better, and i am wondering the advantages in tuning.

Also, I want to know what options i need for the hondata system. I will prolly get a s200b but what else should i get. Will my tuner have the rest of the neccessary software (prolly gonna be gruvytune)? How much will this run me? anywhere that sells cheap>?
Old 12-27-2003, 10:21 PM

Default Re: HONDATA.... advantages over emanage? (streetlvlhatch)

help!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 03:06 PM

bump.... i cant decide!!!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you can find someone who can properly use the e-manage then i might go for it, but thats pretty difficult from what ive heard. and i read that the e-manage has some sort of limit on the size of the injectors it can handle. but these are just guestimations. Id just rock with hondata since im pretty sure youve seen what it can do, just look at some of the posts on this forum.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:42 PM

Default Re: HONDATA.... advantages over emanage? (NyQuiL)

I use the e-manage it is very simple to tune. It does limit the size of injectors due to loading time, which can cause flooding in the motor. but also you can set up added injectors which is a plus in ways.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have not used the E-Manage nor do I know much about it so I am not going to say anything about it. I went with Hondata because it's proven, Hondata is an established company so their always going to be working on Hondata, the support Hondata offers and many other things.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what problems are you having with the E-manage? I'm helping my buddy install one in his Maixma...the tuning doesn't look that hard...with the pressure sensor installed its same hg/psi x rpm table setup like most standalones(ie-hondata, uberdata, etc.). only thing I'm scared of is if its gonna blow the coils like its been doing on some eclipse/talons

did you check the E-mamage mailing list to see if anyone else could help you?? truthfully though I'd sell the Emamage and go for Hondata...you'll have MUCH more versatility as far as tuning goes in the long run
Old 12-28-2003, 06:08 PM

Default Re: (DA-MAX)

What kind of tuning capabilities are better with hondata?

What size injectors can the emanage control?
Old 12-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (streetlvlhatch)

You may want to hold off on the Hondata purchase. I went with Hondata because it was "proven," and AEMs were supposed to be such a pain in the ***. There are some issues with the S100/S200 series that Hondata refuses to admit because it would end up costing them too much money to fix. If you can find a 2B used for a reasonable price, this would be a better option, in my opinion. Stay away from the new Hondatas until they fix it.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:23 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: (The Dude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are some issues with the S100/S200 series that Hondata refuses to admit because it would end up costing them too much money to fix. </TD></TR></TABLE>

can you please specifically state what you're talking about here?
Old 12-28-2003, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (falconGSR)

I'm sure you've been reading all the threads where people have these problems. Here's a quote from one of the threads:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know, I just retuned over the weekend.
Rebuilt the motor and new wastegate.
Anyways, I told my tuner, Shawn @ Church Auto, that I was still running the 3b.

He said I was a lucky one because all the S users have these part throttle blips.
We talked about it for a bit, not sure what it was, but I was suprised to hear that.

Anyhow, he said with his experience, switch the maps and Hondata over to 3b setup, all problems gone.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

This isn't the only place that I've read that, either. For Hondata to admit that there is a problem would be financial suicide.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:49 AM

anymore info on the stumble or if hondata will be better for me? what size injectors can it run on emanage?
Old 12-29-2003, 09:51 AM

Default Re: (streetlvlhatch)

Your should be able to run 550cc's no problem maybe a little bigger.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You may want to hold off on the Hondata purchase. I went with Hondata because it was "proven," and AEMs were supposed to be such a pain in the ***. There are some issues with the S100/S200 series that Hondata refuses to admit because it would end up costing them too much money to fix. If you can find a 2B used for a reasonable price, this would be a better option, in my opinion. Stay away from the new Hondatas until they fix it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not everyone is having this "hesitation" problem.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:13 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm sure you've been reading all the threads where people have these problems. Here's a quote from one of the threads:

This isn't the only place that I've read that, either. For Hondata to admit that there is a problem would be financial suicide.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks, just making sure.

and hondata is going to have to address this. it seems beyond tuning in a growing number of cases.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (falconGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by falconGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thanks, just making sure.

and hondata is going to have to address this. it seems beyond tuning in a growing number of cases. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Falcon,
they are "working" on it.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think you can only boost around a bar with the emanage. i know it is possible to run 550cc injectors with emanage but i don't know how much bigger you could go.