Notices

Honda-tech a little too hostile????

Old 08-31-2002, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda-tech a little too hostile????

I have been a member for only about a month and I am not pointing any fingers at anyone. But it seems like a lot of people on here are very hostile and too strongly oposed to new ideas. To me going on a forum website to talk is about learning new things and respecting others opinions, not about defending yourslef against others. I have seen a few other people feel this way as well. It seems like that if you feel a different way than the majority of hondatech (or you are too fake to admit you dont agree with it but act like you do) then you will get flamed for sayin something. Its sad that some of the younger people on the site I have noticed more jump on the bandwagon with hondatech beliefs.

Please dont take me seriously on this part (its a joke) of it but here are the hondatech beliefs: ( I believe in some of these as well so I am not making fun of them just telling the truth)

-Your Car Must Be JDM
-You must have a JG Intake Manifold (after all it gave Jo Jo's Car like 40hp in Turbo Mag of course its good)
-You must never street race...here at hondatech we call when we meet up to hang out in public places "Install Parties"
-If you didnt buy your stuff from a groupbuy you got screwed
-WHAT YOU DONT HAVE HONDATA!!!!!!
-Your turbo manifold is more important than how fast your car actually is
-importparts.com is GOD
-Making your own downpipe is the way to go
-Inline fuel pumps are better
-You cant be fast with an AFC hack setup

FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR OWN HONDATECH GROUP BELIEFS----

My point of this post is just for everyone to lighten up a little bit. We are all here to talk, not to bitch at each other about what is the best in our opinion. Because to me noone knows whats good or not if they dont have it on their car. Magazines lie and so do companies the only truth is when you try it yourself. So please just let people have opinons and you can have yours but dont bash them because they are real enough to have their own.

Old 08-31-2002, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (Elite Hatch)

The street racing thing is what erks me most. Alot of the members on here throw a shitfit if you mention it... when you *KNOW* they get into their own little battles on the street.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (HybridKOOP)

i say race where you want just keep it safe or on a supa back street with no cars at all. as as for the jg intake. i have thats and yes it rules, is it better than any other sheet metal one, i dunno, but better than any honda b series one YES!!!!! even the but dyno can tell ya that. holla
Old 08-31-2002, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are just mad that you are at 98% and not at 100%

if you care that much about a forum, you need to get out more. who cares what others say? especially on here, on an interactive website where other internet users can communicate with each other, who cares?
Old 08-31-2002, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (HybridKOOP)

haha, I like that one -> "You don't have HONDATA?!"
Old 08-31-2002, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (BG Boost)

I like "importparts.com is GOD" .... cause I HATE them!

But seriously, I'm not sure where you get some of this stuff. For instance, a lot of people are making their own downpipes now, but I've never see anybody flamed for not doing so.

Honestly the only thing I'm tired of hearing is "SOHC's will never make power, DOHC is the only way to go". Well, it's cheaper to buidl an SOHC and not everybody is out there trying to be the fastest car on the block. I like going fast, but never in my life have I had the delusion that I would ever have the FASTEST car around. There's always somebody with more money that's going to go faster.

PEACE I'M OUT LOL

[Modified by mplex2000, 7:10 PM 8/31/2002]
Old 08-31-2002, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (mplex2000)

-Your Car Must Be JDM
-You must have a JG Intake Manifold (after all it gave Jo Jo's Car like 40hp in Turbo Mag of course its good)
-You must never street race...here at hondatech we call when we meet up to hang out in public places "Install Parties"
-If you didnt buy your stuff from a groupbuy you got screwed
-WHAT YOU DONT HAVE HONDATA!!!!!!
-importparts.com is GOD
-Inline fuel pumps are better
-You cant be fast with an AFC hack setup
ROFL

1. The JDM thing is a fad. A lot of the people on HondaTech have JDM parts on their cars...for numerous advantageful reasons. Most JDM parts are either a. Cleaner looking, or b. Better performance than the USDM versions. I.E. JDM corner/tail lenses. They look cleaner than the USDM versions, and make you look different on the street.. ZC engine vs D16a1 (I think? 88-89 Teg), etc... USDM stuff does have its advantages (Parts availability, ease, etc..) but it's just more fun.

2. I don't know of many people using JG manifolds on their B series engines. Many B16 peoples or even B18c1 peoples go w/ the ITR intake mani, or even the Skunk2 b/c of their availability and $$$.

3. There are some on here to do not like street racing. They feel it is very dangerous, and the "lower lifeforms" are the ones doing it and not them. The only reason I avoid street racing at all costs right now is cuz if I get one more ticket for street racing..I'm not going to have a license. I can guarantee every person on this board has raced at some time or another on the street. Whether it be in their 79 Pinto that their parents bought, or their hopped up blown Teg they have built themselves...it happens. The adrenaline starts pumping, and it addictive.

4. Groupbuy can be advantageous; but so can shopping around through the internet and finding good deals at certain times. Groupbuy just gives us lazy people a chance to go to one place and have people fight to give us the best price.

5. Hondata, especially in VTEC and Turbocharges/Supercharged Hondas is VERY effective. They have built the industry around our cars, and have given us total control over anything and everything we want to do w/ our car. From VTEC enguagement to fuel mapping to even turbo customization it can do it all. It is pricey, but it's effective.

6. I'm not going to comment, I do believe this . I will say this though.. get a good flowing turbo manifold, and you won't have to worry about how fast your car is; nobody will be able to keep up.

7. importparts.com is a very good website, yes.

8. I hate DP's in general. I would avoid them at all costs; much less make one myself. I will let the big companies do the work for me so I have to deal with them at little as possible.

9. Inline fuel pumps?? Pshaaaa, what inline fuel pumps? Stizzock fuel pumps w/ 160k on them + turbo=

10. Why can't u?

There are many people on this site who have a LOT of experience. In the 8 months I have been here, I have run across many of them. You will too, and they will teach you. They have learned their methods from years of experience, and I am happy that they are here willing to help me and you. If you have a problem, ANY problem, and you need help...I guarantee that it has been discussed on this board before; or someone is willing to help you with it now. That's why this place is so great. Before, when I broke something...I would have to call my friends and be like "y0, my windshield washer LED's be broke man, what am I gonna do?!?!"... But now, I can come on here and ask WTF do I do after I blow the hell out of my headgasket from 9psi of boost...

For the most part, people on here are nice though. Just get in here, hold intelligent conversations (You will see the idiots who don't, and you will laugh at them), and get known. Once people realize you're in here to do the same as us, you will get anything you want... People are willing to help other people here, because we're all here for the same reasons...

jB

Cliffsnotes: Read the reply...
Old 08-31-2002, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (PeloTudo)

Right, inline pumps are not necessary. But if you think you're saving $100 by using a stock fuel pump with 160k miles, wait until it falters or fails altogether under boost...and your motor will follow it's lead!
Old 08-31-2002, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Errr...Kidding?

I'm picking up my Walborl 255lph today...
Old 08-31-2002, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

297,750 miles on stock fuel pump and still boosting.
Old 08-31-2002, 10:37 AM
filetofit

Hostile? What the **** do you mean hostile? You goddamn SOHC driving, visor wearing, trailer park living, bling bling rolling, neon glow kit lighting, altezza installing, rice eating, @#$%&!! poo poo head!
Old 08-31-2002, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (filetofit)

You goddamn SOHC driving
you sir should be shot; shot over and over and over again.
Old 08-31-2002, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (filetofit)

this post is_______________ >fill in the blank.

Old 08-31-2002, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think this is a gay ******* thread. If I want to read about **** like this I will goto the members corner. I stick to only the Forced Induction part of hondatech---dont really post or even look in other parts on the forums. I stay in FI mainly cause of the maturity level of most of the users here, the expertese of some of the users, and because I dont really give a **** about anything else in the forums.

If you want to cry do it elsewhere, I dont want to read this **** in here......I want to read about turbo/FI stuff.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:11 AM
New User

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (93LSivic)

i don't care how gay people get on this web site. its still 1000 times better than all the others.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (jinxproof99)

i don't care how gay people get on this web site. its still 1000 times better than all the others.
here here
Old 08-31-2002, 11:26 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

- A lot of the people on HondaTech have JDM parts on their cars...for numerous advantageful reasons.
grammar police issues you a citation.

For the most part, people on here are nice though. Just get in here, hold intelligent conversations (You will see the idiots who don't, and you will laugh at them), and get known. Once people realize you're in here to do the same as us, you will get anything you want... People are willing to help other people here, because we're all here for the same reasons...
good point honda-tech is honda-tech and theres nothing else like it. don't try to change it cause its a good thing.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (falconGSR)

grammar police issues you a citation.
ROFL. I was hoping nobody would catch that.

<---Makes up words to make himself look intelligentellecteful

jB

[Modified by PeloTudo, 3:40 PM 8/31/2002]
Old 08-31-2002, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Shut up you stupid newb! Is that hostile enough for you? Hehe j/k
I think you're being a little too presumptuous though...
Old 08-31-2002, 11:56 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (Etylorcen)

I don't have any of that stuff, nor do I swear by it. I also hate the jdm fad, so you are not entirely correct, seems like you are just stereotypeing a few individuals from the forums you visit most imo.
Old 08-31-2002, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think with the whole JDM thing...it just ties into the whole "function is more important than fashion" scenario...thats all
Old 08-31-2002, 12:53 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (ian)

i think this tread should be close, cause it getting a little hostile.....
Old 08-31-2002, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (speeds)

I want my two minutes back.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:53 PM

ROFL
so true, especially about turbo manifold ROFL
Old 08-31-2002, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Honda-tech a little too hostile???? (93LSivic)

I think this is a gay ******* thread. If I want to read about **** like this I will goto the members corner. I stick to only the Forced Induction part of hondatech---dont really post or even look in other parts on the forums. I stay in FI mainly cause of the maturity level of most of the users here, the expertese of some of the users, and because I dont really give a **** about anything else in the forums.

If you want to cry do it elsewhere, I dont want to read this **** in here......I want to read about turbo/FI stuff.
Chill out dude, you will live longer. Lay off saying '****' so much, please. People will have more respect for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honda-tech a little too hostile????