Notices

Honda ECU and dsm injector compatibility.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda ECU and dsm injector compatibility.

I am all of a sudden hearing the dsm 450cc injectors are not compatible with Honda ECUs and that they not only make the car difficult to start, but also tend to create a lean condition at part throttle. How true is this? I know lots of people that run them and have no problems cranking the car, but im curious about the lean condition at partial throttle. Anyone have any proof or experience with this problem?
Old 01-30-2004, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honda ECU and dsm injector compatibility. (BoostedD15B7)

i've never heard of the lean condition problem at part throttle. there is such thing as part-throttle jerking while cruising, however i'm told this is not related to dsm injectors, rather the hack method (using AFC hack, SMC, etc...). they are compatible with the honda ECU: MANY people run this setup. you will, of course, need to use a resistor box but this isnt new info. warm starts have been a problem for many in the past, including myself. however they havent given me any troubles in the last 6 months. could have something to do with the weather i guess. i specifically remember HOT days it would tend to act up on warm starts. however all in all, these problems do not bother me, especially considering how much money i saved from buying RC injectors or the like.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:01 PM
New User

Default Re: Honda ECU and dsm injector compatibility. (BoostedD15B7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedD15B7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am all of a sudden hearing the dsm 450cc injectors are not compatible with Honda ECUs and that they not only make the car difficult to start, but also tend to create a lean condition at part throttle. How true is this? I know lots of people that run them and have no problems cranking the car, but im curious about the lean condition at partial throttle. Anyone have any proof or experience with this problem? </TD></TR></TABLE>

My setup has Blue Top DSM 450's so im going to chime in.

My setup is greddy kit d16y8 @ 6psi. Honda Tuned by Shawn at Church Auto
My car starts perfectly every single time. AFR perfect in and out of boost.
No problems here.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is boosteddb157. im on my friends comp....

im already running the blue tops with the resistor box and i was hearing this after i installed it all. I was having problems starting in hot weather as well but i just got and aem regulator and it seems to help alot.