Notices

HKS Turbos: Huh???

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Turbos: Huh???

Okay, this isn't for me. I'm getting a JRSC for my Integra, but my brother is getting a 2000 Celica GT-S and wanted to go forced induction. I found that HKS makes turbos for the Celica and was gonna take a look at what they've got and pick one out to get some prices going for him for a setup. Big mistake. I look at the page and I'm totally confused. Since Hondas use the same type of things, I was hoping you guys here would be able to help me out with this stuff.

Okay, so what is the difference between "HKS GT Ball-Bearing Turbochargers" and "HKS Signature Turbochargers"? And what's the difference between all of individual ones (i.e., a GT2510 and a GT3240)? The site's totally confusing--not "idiot friendly" at all.

Then, what the heck is the difference between different trims (i.e., 46T) and different A/R (like the GT2540R has two different kinds: a .64 A/R and a .86)?

And then, finally, what other HKS stuff goes good with the turbo unit for a "complete" beginner setup? Not the full-blown, totally decked out, perfected setup, but the minimum needed to get a good setup going (besides just the turbo and an intercooler)?

Thanks! BTW, if you know of a better setup for a 2000+ Celica GT-S, that'd be great, but, since this is a Honda forum, I was basically just hoping you guys could help me out with understanding the damned HKS website/products.

Thanks again.
Old 05-15-2002, 03:02 AM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: HKS Turbos: Huh??? (RobertMcDonald)

GT3240 is a BB (HKS)T04S/T3 that will support 500hp and requires a w/g.
GT2540 is a hybrid BB T04E/T25 that is actuated is called the GTR upgrade turbo over here. It can hit the low 300hp range but boost has to be about 1.0~1.2bar.

The best bet would be to get one of the bolt on Kits from HKS Japan or Top Fuel since they will come with turbo, manifold, piping, downpipe and a couple other nicknacks.
Old 05-15-2002, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HKS Turbos: Huh??? (Dee)

Thanks... but I'm still totally confused about their products in general.

Okay, let's say you want to take a stock 2000+ Celica GT-S, which has a "flywheel horsepower" of 180, and you want to get it up to the 200-220 whp range with the turbo alone, does HKS make a kit for those kinds of horsepower gains, or is it all huge horsepower? I mean, are all the "Ball Bearing" series turbos big ones and the "Signature" ones smaller ones for more tame street applications? Or am I just totally missing the point?

Thanks.