Notices

Hey i might have a problem with my turbo clearance , tell me what u think.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey i might have a problem with my turbo clearance , tell me what u think.

Unfortunately i was not able to take a photo of this ... but today i removed the header, radiator fans, and intake, to check turbo clearance. I put the Maxrev manifold on with the turbo (garrett t04e 50 trim) and i already know i have to do a small amount of shaving , but theres this line with the clutch ..see my tranny is hydrolic, and im not sure exactly wat it is, but its bolted to my tranny, and when i removed it, there was a rubber boot around it, some kind of ball like thingy and coming from the tranny was like a lever type deal, so i knew it had something to do with the clutch, anyway..my question is has anyone ever had a problem with this? what should i do? Its a b18b motor btw. TIA
Old 03-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey i might have a problem with my turbo clearance , tell me what u think. (J337_UNIT)

It's your clutch slave cylinder and hydrolic line. I don't think it should be a problem.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hey i might have a problem with my turbo clearance , tell me what u think. (J337_UNIT)

My buddy has the same manifold and turbo on his civic coupe with LS motor. What we did was put the compressor on the drivers side. If you do this you shouldn't have to shave any of the block off. You will have run a half size radiator though.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Hey i might have a problem with my turbo clearance , tell me what u think. (sneakypete)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sneakypete &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My buddy has the same manifold and turbo on his civic coupe with LS motor. What we did was put the compressor on the drivers side. If you do this you shouldn't have to shave any of the block off. You will have run a half size radiator though. </TD></TR></TABLE>

that would be cool but i want to keep my A/C and besides i already bought a downpipe from maxrev, so my compressor will be facing the passenger side..
Old 03-23-2004, 08:25 PM

well it looks like i will not be able to run a filter, and i dont think ill be able to run even a 90 degree bend, the clutch slave cylinder is def in the way, way to close to the compressor inlet.. so what i did was i hacked up a K&N style filter, and cut a nice square peice of it (its screen cloth screen) and capped the intake of the turbo with it.. this will work for sure, and i think the fact that there is a filter cloth between the 2 screens it might actually work just fine, someone give me some feedback or thoughts on this.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:52 AM

bump