Notices

Hey Guys I Need Your Professional Opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Guys I Need Your Professional Opinions.

So im looking to buy my friends hatch. Ive never turboed a honda so I really dont know what im getting myself into. I have friends with single turbo supras and sc300s so im a little more comfortable in taking the risk purchasing this car. The reason his offer is soo appealing is that I can pay cash for the car and not have to finance a car like I was originally planning. I wanted to get some opinions and comments on his set up from guys that have dealt with turboed hondas. What would you change/add/remove? Thanks Guys!

<U>Aug 28, 2007 11:35 PM</U>
1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback
Clean title, Original Owner
100,xxx miles on chasis/1200 miles on rebuild
Exterior 9/10, Interior 9.5/10

Engine:
b18c1 fully built block with stock sleeves
eagle rods, cp pistons 9:5 compression
mild ported head
T3/T4 ballbearing turbo
tial 38mm wastegate, blox manifold, skunk2 intake manifold, black intercooler, etc.
custom 2.5" pipping w/ 2.5" electronic cutout and 94 civic si muffler (real quiet)

It dyno'd at 274whp @ 10psi
Hit me up, I'm broke and I just dropped 3 grand rebuilding the block, swapping tranny's from my bro's integra (his didn't grind in 3rd) and a new ACT clutch

<U>Oct 13, 2007 4:06 PM </U>
I got the hatch running. It turned out that the distributor was bad but it runs fine now. The injectors are a little big for it right now with the vtec controller but I was planning to take it to Blacktrax in San Jose/Milpitas to get it chipped with Neptuned and retuned.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:22 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Hey Guys I Need Your Professional Opinions. (eug_34)

sounds like a sick setup. what size injectors is he running?
also one thing i would STRONGLY recommend is that you get a real tune, and not a shitty afc tune. idk what people are thinking when they tune on the afc. it's ****.

if you buy it, make sure he gets it tuned with a real tuning program, whether it be neptune, or hondata, etc.

also, what brand makes that turbo? if it's not name brand, i'd be skeptical about it. cheap turbos are bad and cause more problems than teen pregnancy. if it's not a name brand turbo, but the price is "soo appealing" i'd get it and then get a garret t3/t4 turbo and swap them out and sell the old one. but this is assuming before you get a tune because the cfm's may be greater in the garret @ x psi than on the original turbo @ x psi, which may throw off afr's, and thus the tune. (going from logic).

anyway, get back to us on what happened.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Trial User

TTT
Old 12-05-2007, 07:25 AM

if your getting a good deal then go for it. since you havent owned a turbo honda before i can tell you this. get ready to learn how to work on it yourself, or have alot of money if you cant. there are alwasys little problems and issues that need to be fixed, and although you CAN build a reliable turbo honda, generally they are not as reliable as when they were NA, so just be prepared.

and the most important thing is get a real fuel managment system, i cant stress that enough. none of this vafc crap, get hondata, chrome, ems, etc.

Landon