Notices

Help with wiring AEM EMS, non Honda application.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with wiring AEM EMS, non Honda application.

Hey, hopefully you guys can help me out here, those of you who have wired up aem before (99% PNP i know).

Anyways, give me an idea if im on the right track, its for a 1990 TSI talon, and the PN of the AEM is 30-1300 you can find instructions with the AEM software, or on their forums if you would like to help me in great detail

alright.. im running a aem 3.5bar map, and iat. I also need to supply the ecu with a signal from my lm1 wb02, and use an output to trigger my meth setup.

it seems all straight forward just some easy questions.

I need to know where to wire in the signal from the wb02, the map sensor, as well as the iat, when i read though the instructions it gives pinouts, and descriptions of what each pin does.

Now... To trigger the meth kit, i will just use one of the output ground signals to turn on a relay, then activate the system.

For the inputs heres what i found and think where im supposed to wire them.

Map sensor - Pin #12 Stock function 'Ignition Timing Adjustment' AEM function 'MAP' Availability 'Avail, Map sensor input for speed density'.

AIT - Pin #8 Stock function 'AIT' AEM function 'AIT' PnP For Intake Air Temp.

Then for the wb02 input it comes a bit sticky? Heres what ive found.

wb02 - Pin #4 Stock function '02 sensor' AEM function 'Lambda #1' Description 'PnP for Lambda #1'.

or.. Pin #66 Stock function 'MFI ON' AEM function 'Lambda #2' Description 'Avail, Lambda Input'

Now.. Here is the descriptions it gives for Avail, PnP, Dedicated.

PnP - The plug and play system comes with this configured for proper operation of this device, it is still available for reassignment by the end user

Avail - This function is not currently allocated and is avail for use.

Dedicated - The location is fixed and cant be changed.

So im guessing for the 02 pin #4 is used for stock sensor, and i can just tap into the signal going to my Display for my LM1 and send it to pin 66 of the ECU? Since one is avail and one is already PnP, same as map just send signal to pin 12.

But.. For the IAT input it says that its a 'PnP' which means its already used? But i wasn't aware our cars used IAT with a MAF, Hmm... Any idea's?

Seems to be a easy setup to install, please note i WILL NOT BE TUNING.

So if someone could set me on the right track it would be great, since im sure these are probably easy questions for someone who has installed AEM EMS before.

Thanks everyone, hope im on the right track
Old 05-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help with wiring AEM EMS, non Honda application. (HamiltonRex)

Got it figured out