Notices

Help!! what size belt for gsr jrsc?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Help!! what size belt for gsr jrsc?

I just baught a jrsc but it doesnt come with the belts does anyone where and what size belt i need? it has a 6psi pulley and also if anyone could give me the link for the directions to instal it thanks.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help!! what size belt for gsr jrsc?

Check here for belt sizing:

http://ftlracing.com/tech/honda/jrsc_pulley.html

This is a good How To about installing a JRSC on a GSR:

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/jrsc/jrsc.php
Old 03-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So if the jrsc kit comes with a 6psi pulley and im using a b20/crv crank pulley what amout of boost am i running? and what does it mean by im i using a stepper or not? thanks for your help by the way!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

C_Rock77 i see you are runing a gsr jrsc setup using 6psi how much power are you making? i just ordered a jrsc with a 6psi pulley for my all motor gsr its fully built at 202hp and 149tq! on hondata s100, i ordered rc 440 injectors to replace my rc 310's and i also ordered a walbro 255 pump and a b20 crank pulley to replace my unorthadox crank pulley i dont know much about the jrsc so if you can give me some tips on where to go from here my kit wont come with a belt so im not sure which one to get. what will my boost be? and how much hp should i be around? and do you know how i can raise the boost i cant find what and where to get a pulley thanks for your help.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Stepper pulleys are pulleys made to increase the drive ratio of the alternator pulley. It has a bigger drive part, so it drives the nose pulley faster. If you haven't ordered one, you use the "NO" selection on the Stepper.

Not flaming you, here...but did you LOOK at that table?

1797 (GSR) CRV NO 4.0" 9.9 13515

GSR displacement with CRV crank pulley, no stepper, and the 4" stock nose pulley yields ~9.9 lbs boost spinning the blower @ 13515 RPM.

At 10 lbs of boost You're going to be running your JRSC at the ragged edge of its efficiency range due to the fact that your IATs are going to be WAY up there (226 F on a 86 F day). Translation: if you're running a CRV pulley and 4" nose pulley, you DO NOT need to run a stepper pulley! You can go there IF you plan on running an intercooler like LHT's setup. Otherwise, it's a NO GO!

Cruise around that page. Veris worked long and hard....and I'm not gonna take credit (or the time) for giving you information that you can read off that page.

If you're boosting 10 lbs, I'd look into a S300. I'm not sure what all options the S100 has. If I were you, I'd talk to your tuner to see what they recommend.

As for power....there's a calculator on his page that's pretty cool. It's a MS Excel Macro that you input data into and it gives you all kinds of other data. I can't speak to how accurate they are.....but it's pretty cool.

I'm not an expert, by any stretch. Veris, JDogg, and RMcDaniels on here are the most knowledgeable on JRSCs. I haven't even gotten to the setup I want to run (Endyne ported LHT Intercooled).

I'm currently running my 6 lb setup on the S300's JRSC B18C on 440 cc Saturated injector Basemap that I cleaned up a little (took some fuel out here and there by watching my wideband). I wouldn't do that w/ 10 lbs. You definitely don't have any margin for error w/ that much boost and those kind of IATs.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

from your basic set up B20 pulley will give you 8 psi
to raise boost also you can change SC nose pulley
8 psi on gsr with stock cam and a good 2.5' exhaust system will give you 230Whp
the best combo for cam is Intake GSR and Exhaust ITR bigger and fresh gas goes out of the combustion chamber
hope this help
Old 03-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

with my gsr, it made 6lbs with stock pulleys, and 11 with the crv crank pulley, and 9lbs with crv pulley and lht aftercooler
Old 03-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by C_Rock77
Stepper pulleys are pulleys made to increase the drive ratio of the alternator pulley. It has a bigger drive part, so it drives the nose pulley faster. If you haven't ordered one, you use the "NO" selection on the Stepper.

Not flaming you, here...but did you LOOK at that table?

1797 (GSR) CRV NO 4.0" 9.9 13515

GSR displacement with CRV crank pulley, no stepper, and the 4" stock nose pulley yields ~9.9 lbs boost spinning the blower @ 13515 RPM.

At 10 lbs of boost You're going to be running your JRSC at the ragged edge of its efficiency range due to the fact that your IATs are going to be WAY up there (226 F on a 86 F day). Translation: if you're running a CRV pulley and 4" nose pulley, you DO NOT need to run a stepper pulley! You can go there IF you plan on running an intercooler like LHT's setup. Otherwise, it's a NO GO!

Cruise around that page. Veris worked long and hard....and I'm not gonna take credit (or the time) for giving you information that you can read off that page.

If you're boosting 10 lbs, I'd look into a S300. I'm not sure what all options the S100 has. If I were you, I'd talk to your tuner to see what they recommend.

As for power....there's a calculator on his page that's pretty cool. It's a MS Excel Macro that you input data into and it gives you all kinds of other data. I can't speak to how accurate they are.....but it's pretty cool.

I'm not an expert, by any stretch. Veris, JDogg, and RMcDaniels on here are the most knowledgeable on JRSCs. I haven't even gotten to the setup I want to run (Endyne ported LHT Intercooled).

I'm currently running my 6 lb setup on the S300's JRSC B18C on 440 cc Saturated injector Basemap that I cleaned up a little (took some fuel out here and there by watching my wideband). I wouldn't do that w/ 10 lbs. You definitely don't have any margin for error w/ that much boost and those kind of IATs.
Yea i was just confused about what the stepper is and also i have aem tru power pulleys do these have any benifit with the jrsc? and also on the cspeed.com how to sight they show how to install it with the fmu what if im not using that and using a aem fpr and rc 440 injectors is any diffrent when installing?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Yea i was just confused about what the stepper is and also i have aem tru power pulleys do these have any benifit with the jrsc? and also on the cspeed.com how to sight they show how to install it with the fmu what if im not using that and using a aem fpr and rc 440 injectors is any diffrent when installing?
Well, the AEM pulleys won't be an issue b/c you're going to pull that alternator pulley when you install the one for the SC. So, I don't see the pulleys being an issue.

Leave that FMU bullsh*t out. Your install is going to be MUCH cleaner than using an FMU...much closer to stock. FMU is a band-aid to allow you to use stock injectors with the JRSC. You're using the properly sized injectors, so, just omit the FMU stuff. Just install the injectors (and wire them up if need be -- i.e. OBD1 clips).

When I bought my car; it had an FMU, stock injectors, stock computer, etc. Now, it's running off an S300 and RC 440cc injectors. The installation is much cleaner and simpler...not to mention the car runs better on the S300 BASEMAP than on all that other bullsh*t. Just omit that FMU bullsh*t. Everything else should probably be applicable.

Did you get that I think the FMU is bullsh*t?

Here's something I put in another post while I was actually THINKING about YOUR situation:

Originally Posted by C_Rock77
Well....based on a couple things....it's either going to be between the 440s or 550s. He said earlier he's going to use a CRV crank pulley and 4" nose pulley. Based on Veris's table and calculator, that puts him at 10 lbs of boost.

Table: http://ftlracing.com/tech/honda/jrsc_pulley.html
Calculator: http://ftlracing.com/media/CALCS/gsr_eaton_calcs.xls

Based on the calculator, he can yield 300 BHP....240 whp.
Using those numbers and RC Engineering's calculator ( http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx ), keeping fuel pressure at 43.5 psi, duty cycle not above 85%, and calculating for 300 bhp, it yields a number of 513 cc per injector. Granted, you can use the smaller injector with a higher pressure.

Maybe Veris and/or JDogg can chime in on this. I'm no expert on this, but I think I'm on the right track. I'd just like one of those cats to verify this.