Notices

HELP! turbo oil leak in dp

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! turbo oil leak in dp

alright here's the deal, just installed a new gsr head, new JE pistons/rods, rings etc... and put on my drag kit. the turbonetics turbo is brand new. started the motor and the turbo spins freely but then i notice oil leaking from where the manifold connects to the turbine. oil is kinda like bubbling through there. also i see that theres oil coming out of my downpipe cause i didnt attach my exhaust yet, its dripping giving out white smoke. i took apart the U-pipe and theres oil there also. could this mean that the turbo seals are out? might be because i didnt oil the turbo before i started it... right? HELP...
Old 07-08-2004, 10:53 AM

Default Re: HELP! turbo oil leak in dp (alfee)

any tips? advice? reasoning? i'm desperate for a 2nd opinion b4 i take my turbo off to the shop....
Old 07-08-2004, 04:16 PM

Old 07-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Just Drank A 5th of VODKA Dare me to drive, Ca, u.s.

have you checked for kinks in the line, what size lines are you running, did you do the install by yourself? are the oil lines in the turbo straight up and down?
Old 07-08-2004, 05:42 PM

Seals are most likely gone.. I had the same symptoms and it turned out to be seals.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Re: HELP! turbo oil leak in dp (Slammd Sol)

yea at first oil came out of the intake side of the turbo when i rev'd it as well as the dp. the turbo didn't spin until i rev'd the motor. then i switched my return line to a bigger size (3/4") size of my thumb. after that, i started my car again and this time the turbo spun freely w/o reving the motor and no oil leaked through the intake side... i checked all the lines.. and no leak. but then like 3 mins later i saw oil bubble out of the crack/line where the manifold connects to the turbine and from where the turbine connects to the dp. little drips.. so i'm guessing a bigger return line solved a part of the problem. yep and the oil lines runs as follows, feed line runs down from the turbo under next to the oil pan up to the oil sensor behind the block. the return line runs straight down next to the block down to the oil pan.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:44 PM

ok, heres the deal, i sent my turbo to cheapturbo. Ken, the guy there said that my turbo seems fine, just a little scratch on my shaft that will be polished out. bearings, everything internal is good, this isn't the problem for my oil leak. he mentioned something about a PCV that i should hookup the breather from my valve cover to a vaccum source before the compressor... i don't get it.... ANYONE here can help me out??? i should be getting my turbo back next week.