Notices

help!!! turbo civic running really rich

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 help!!! turbo civic running really rich

i have a 95 ex turbo 6lbs full exhaust, ecu and 550 injectors. when i got this together it ran a little rich but would still run ok most of the time. i installed an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to help lean it out a bit. it was running great. then i didnt drive it for a day. when i went to warm it up the other morning it just wouldnt run. its getting way too much fuel and smoking really bad. i adjusted to fuel pressure with no luck on getting it to run right. i put the stock regulator on and it wouldnt even run as well as it did before i put the adjustable on it. i replaces the plugs and wires. it still ran like crap i put a set of stock injectors in it, it idled but wouldnt rev at all i put the 550 injectors back in and it wont idle but will rev fine but on accelleration it sputters anbd back fires it will not accellerate at all please any help would be great.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:28 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Default Re: help!!! turbo civic running really rich

the adjustment needs to be made in the ecu, i think your just spitting to much fuel out in the cylinders
Old 03-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by justYncredible
the adjustment needs to be made in the ecu, i think your just spitting to much fuel out in the cylinders
Old 03-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats what i figured any idea of a temp fix untill i can get it tuned? the tune is going to cost me 425.00 and i have to somehow get the car 2 and half hours to the place that does it
Old 03-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think your pretty much screwed, find a friend with a truck and tow it to the tune shop. Shouldn't cost that much for a tune to get it running right, that sounds kinda high. How many hrs of tune? Should be around 125-150 tops an hr for tune.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the only place close is in eugene oregon they do only dyno tune and that what they charge it 125 for a licence for neptune and 300 for the tune but thank for the help
Old 03-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why dont you do what i did and buy a s300 since thats the price of one brand new. and do the research and learn to tune by yourself. buy a wideband gauge of course. trust man, its not rocket science and its cool being able to tune your car and renting out dynos instead of having someone blow your car or paying for a shitty tune. and im guessing every time you want a tune whenever u add **** your gona have to pay at least another 200 if he hooks it up unless he charges 450 all the time.INSANE!!!!! just 3 sessions and thats wat i paid to sleeve by block and wiseco pistons with eagle rods.

street tune is the best man, and then go rent a dyno and fine tune the rest.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

s300 is user friendly man. everything is easy to understand and the help menu is actually helpful. and u can even ask me and ill set u up a basemap and for FREE. i dont know why people charge when it takes literally like 5min to make a good basemap and like 2minutes to make a shitty one
Old 03-23-2013, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slayer423
s300 is user friendly man. everything is easy to understand and the help menu is actually helpful. and u can even ask me and ill set u up a basemap and for FREE. i dont know why people charge when it takes literally like 5min to make a good basemap and like 2minutes to make a shitty one

I have s300 I should take your advice and look into tuning that **** myself. Just need computer right?? And plug.. But yea man that's ridiculous on price. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:21 AM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

your going to need a laptop
Old 03-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had the exact same problem when swapping my boosted b16 from a del sol to a da integra and my wiring was messed up. Was running rich snd spittinv and bsck firing although i was not able rev past 4000 rpms and could not build boost l..eneded up being my tps wiring shorted outmaking my tps voltage to read at 5.01vat all times. For shts and gigles i would test the voltage at you trottle body. The middle wire. Hook red probe from multi meter to it snd black one to a ground. With key on but do not start fhe car. Test the volts. Should be .50 closed and at wot should be 4.5v

Just a suggestion.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thank for everyones help i did more testing today and found that either my basemap i got on my ecu from phearable some how changed or the ecu took a **** i swapped in a stock ecu and it runs much much better just a little rich. im going to call phearable tomorrow. and can someone with s300 or s200 tell me exactly what is need to use these i know the peice that goes to the ecu but do they use a chip as well and what cables do i need a chip burner or what. im really confused with this i really want to tune myself but dont know what i would need.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:20 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by justYncredible
your going to need a laptop
Old 03-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz21
thank for everyones help i did more testing today and found that either my basemap i got on my ecu from phearable some how changed or the ecu took a **** i swapped in a stock ecu and it runs much much better just a little rich. im going to call phearable tomorrow. and can someone with s300 or s200 tell me exactly what is need to use these i know the peice that goes to the ecu but do they use a chip as well and what cables do i need a chip burner or what. im really confused with this i really want to tune myself but dont know what i would need.
factory ecu with factory injectors or your just leaning out the motor.
chipped ecu with base map for your injectors or your just leaning out the motor.

Now to tune yourself you need a wideband o2, a laptop, and some form of datalogging.
If your doing it with crome then your need a chip burner or a rtp
Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xile6

Now to tune yourself you need a wideband o2, a laptop, and some form of datalogging.
If your doing it with crome then your need a chip burner or a rtp
i have a inovate wideband with logworks software, so if i use hondata software on my laptop i wouldnt need anything else. but if tuning with crome i would need a chip burner?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz21
i have a inovate wideband with logworks software, so if i use hondata software on my laptop i wouldnt need anything else. but if tuning with crome i would need a chip burner?
Pretty much.
Just make sure your wideband can output to the ecu so you can datalog it.
Then your looking for load (vac/boost), x rpm x afr.
It wull take you back to math class with graphs.
The hondata will be able to log and give a live view with just a logger cable and software.
Neptune cab do the same via usb or bluetooth.
I tuned mines with aem fic. Very easy to do with live data.