Notices

HELP! old greddy turbo kit for d-series.. bov flange???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! old greddy turbo kit for d-series.. bov flange???

i just bought a used greddy kit for a 92-95 sohc vtec. he said he bought it about a year and a half ago. and it didn't come with a BOV, flange, or gasket. but he has a 1g dsm BOV that is is excellent cond. he is sending. has anybody ever heard of this. is it a new thing for the greddy kit to come iwth a bov and all that? where can i get a 1g dsm BOV flange and gasket? and also the only other thing he doesn't have is the tap/ fitting that goes on the oil pan for the oil return line. had to leave it on the pan when he sold the car. where can i get that at as well.

i need this stuff in my possesion by the beggining of next week!!! please please help me. it is a fellow HT-er that i bought this from. thanks
Old 11-19-2002, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! old greddy turbo kit for d-series.. bov flange??? (SOHC Beast)

come on somebody.... please help me..... i am nervous about what i bought. got anxious.... paid with paypal.. and just found out about the weird BOV deal? please somebody tell me an easy way to make it better!!!!!
Old 11-19-2002, 07:42 PM

Default Re: HELP! old greddy turbo kit for d-series.. bov flange??? (SOHC Beast)

nope i dont think they came standard with a bov...the dsm 1g, you can prolly either make a flange or rig something up using parts from a 1g dsm i/c piping....im not sure what the bov looks like so i cant tell you for sure...as for the oil pan, it depending on how the return line is with the greddy kit...you will most likey either have to get some type of flange welded on your oil pan or a nut.

either way on both ends of you problems they arent too big a deal..can be worked out easily..good luck

[Modified by gritsak, 4:44 AM 11/20/2002]
Old 11-19-2002, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! old greddy turbo kit for d-series.. bov flange??? (gritsak)

well it is good to know that he is telling the trusth on the part about the BOV. but yes, now the newer kist do come with a greddy super squeeker BOV, flange and gasket. they are anodized purple. do you know if my car will run weird if i use the 1g dsm bov? if it is crushed.... or should i not waste my time and buy a greddy one? and if i buy a greddy one, do i need a special flange? anybody know where i can get a new one at half way cheap and fast? thanks for the help
Old 11-19-2002, 10:25 PM

as long as the dsm one is in working condition it will be fine...if you wanted you could buy any brand bov and flange and have it welded to the charge pipe. check partstrader or on here, maybe you can find a used bov for cheap.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:34 PM

Default Re: HELP! old greddy turbo kit for d-series.. bov flange??? (gritsak)

any bov will work, i used to use a rx7 one, and now one from an mr2...can't beat free!
Old 11-19-2002, 11:36 PM

Default Re: HELP! old greddy turbo kit for d-series.. bov flange??? (spoon2)

If you plan on getting a greddy BOV I have the greddy BOV flange and gasket in my garage. never been opened or used. I'll sell it to you for 15 bucks plus shipping.
Let me know,
Nick
Old 11-20-2002, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! old greddy turbo kit for d-series.. bov flange??? (T25 civic)

with the greddy BOV flange and gasket, do i have to use a greddy BOV? or is it a universal deal? either way thats cool. i need so so... you've got a PM
Old 11-21-2002, 07:42 PM

the d16 kit doesn't come with a BOV... I just bought mine. 1g will work fine, I was actually looking to go that same way, and most DSM guys really like the 1G. FYI, it will work fine without the BOV, just isn't good for performance or the turbo, and sounds like a dry fart between shifts ...

you can find good D16 greddy info here...

http://WWW.turbocivic.net

theres prob. a picture of the oil return flang on there somewhere, basically just need to weld on a pipe the same size as the oil outlet on the turbo, and use a piece of rubber hose w/ clamps between the turbo and pan... greddy also includes heat wrap to insulate the return hose, it sits pretty close to the downpipe...

hope that helps