Notices

help with oil return fittings (from ANplumbing.com)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2001, 05:28 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with oil return fittings (from ANplumbing.com)

Ok, I know there have been posts on this before, so I did a search. Someone had posted that I need the following:

1. -10AN stainless braided line (1 foot)
2. -10AN hose end (90 degree)
3. -10AN to 1/2" NPT (45 degree) male - from oil pan to lines
4. brass 1/2" NPT female fittings - to weld in oil pan

Is this correct? The only place I know of that sells all these parts is http://www.ANplumbing.com. But they have so much to choose from, I don't know exactly what to get (my list isn't quite consistent with what they sell). It looks like they have different types of hose to get (perform-o-flex seems like the best, auto-flex is one step down, etc.)....what did all of you get? I was thinking of getting the swivel-seal fittings with perform-o-flex line. Can someone confirm exactly what I need, how many of each, and how much I should expect to pay for everything?
Do I need any fittings or lines for the oil feed line, or just the return line (eg. what do most of you have, Dustin, Arturbo, Marc, etc.)?
I have a revhard turbo on order through Ben and it should be arriving in 2 weeks or so. I'd like to purchase all of the fittings and parts ahead of time to be ready by the time it's ready.
If this place isn't the best to purchase from, can someone link me to a site that sells cheaper fittings or different kinds (like Earl's, which I hear is really good)?
Thanks!
Old 09-08-2001, 07:27 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: help with oil return fittings (degradated)

Lets see if I can remember off the top of my head. Oh, but before I do let me say that my Turbo from Rev-hard came with a barbed fitting on the end of the oil drain flange. What I did was buy a new oil drain flange with a 1/2" thread so I could use the Earls fittings. You can buy the flange and gasket from either Turbonetics or http://www.majesticturbo.com . The part # is PN 20259.

1. 90 deg. -10AN to 1/2"Male pipe threads Part # 829010

2. -10 Stainless briaded line. You can get away with 1ft, but I got 2" just in case. Perfomo flex is what I use.

3. 45Deg. Swivel-Seal Hose End Male Threaded 1/2" to -10 part #824510

4. brass 1/2" NPT female fittings - to weld in oil pan (dont have a part # or pic)

Hope this helps. And these are from ANplumbing.com.

art
Old 09-08-2001, 09:47 PM
On Fire!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks degradated for getting after this issue again cause I was gona do the same thing. The first time around when the guys were trying to explain, it was just unclear!!

Arturbo:
Now I have one more question and that is, what kind of fitting would I have to use at the end of the stainless steel briaded line and the oil pan if I was just gona thread a fitting into the pan instead of welding a fitting on there.

So I need to know which fitting I nneed for the pan and which fitting will be compatible with that one to go on the hose.

Thanks..
Old 09-08-2001, 10:15 PM
New User

Default Re: help with oil return fittings (Arturbo)

Thanks, Art! that was a big help.....
off the top of your head, eh? If you remembered those part #'s off the top of your head, I think we have a "Rain man" on our hands...lol
Okay, so I have all of those items in my basket (totallying $72.73 so far, jeesh!)...I cannot find item #4. Can this also be found at ANplumbing, or can I find it at a hardware store or something?
Also, I need to confirm, these fittings are steel, not aluminum, right? I don't see any indication of what materials they use for swivel-seal....I was told by Ben to get steel fittings to be compatible with the oil pan (aluminum and steel do not weld together).
And since it wasn't mentioned, I take it that the kit itself comes with a good enough oil feed line/fittings that don't need to be replaced with Earl's?
Oh, and from what I can tell, the 90 degree fitting is the one that goes into the bottom of the turbo. Is there another female fitting I need to attach it on (I don't see how it stays in the oil drain flange)?
Thanks again!
Old 09-08-2001, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

try the smaller hardware stores and go to plumbing section, you'll find an brass 1/2" NPT female fitting, I got mine for 6 bucks...

good luck going to home depot and lowes...those peoples don't know jackshiets...

the 90 deg swivel flange is the one that attaches to the turbo, you'll need a 1/2" female NPT Oil return flange for the turbo........try turbonetics or majestic turbo.
Old 09-08-2001, 10:44 PM
Better than steak

This ----->
will screw into this------->

On my 1st post I basicaly worked my way down from the turbo down. I did cheat on the part #'s, I looked at an's website. lol
You might be able to find the brass fitting from an autoparts store, I dont remeber where I got mine from.

art
Old 09-08-2001, 10:56 PM
New User

Default Re: help with oil return fittings (flamenco)

the 90 deg swivel flange is the one that attaches to the turbo, you'll need a 1/2" female NPT Oil return flange for the turbo........try turbonetics or majestic turbo.
So I take it that the 90 deg. swivel flange mates up to the oil return flange without the need of a nut or something holding it on?
Also....this brass 1/2" NPT female fitting for the inside of the pan...is it just like a standard nut that I need? Is it anything special? And does that get welded to the pan too, or just the 45deg. fitting?
Old 09-08-2001, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I take it that the 90 deg. swivel flange mates up to the oil return flange without the need of a nut or something holding it on? ?
I think so..Art ?

Also....this brass 1/2" NPT female fitting for the inside of the pan...is it just like a standard nut that I need? Is it anything special? And does that get welded to the pan too, or just the 45deg. fitting?
the 1/2" female NPT is welded on the pan, the 45 deg swivel is just screw on the 1/2" NPT female fitting, just in case you'll need to uninstall the oil line for some time, you can screw in a bolt on the 1/2" NPT to block the hole...
Old 09-09-2001, 12:44 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: help with oil return fittings (flamenco)

This male----->
will screw this female------->

The oil drain flange bolts up to the bottom of the turbo. You need to take off the flange that your turbo will come with and replace it with this

Dont worry it took me a long time to understand all this mumbo jumbo.

art
Old 09-09-2001, 12:58 AM
New User

heh....thanks for spelling it out for me. I think I understand now.

right on...thanks guys!
Old 09-09-2001, 09:30 AM
New User

hey i have the fmax but i didn't get it yet..should i upgrade all my fuel lines too? or do you think that the one that comes with the kit is good enough?
Old 09-09-2001, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with oil return fittings (sxychnamn)

call me stupid but how does the hose connect to the fitting? is it squeezed w/ a vise or pressed/crimped on?

also does anyone have the recipe for the parts needed when making an oil feed line from the oil pressure test port located on the head by the vtec seloniod?

i love this place
Old 09-09-2001, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with oil return fittings (lucas569)

(1)991101 1/8 to 1/8 npt connector from block to tee
(1)991701 Tee 1/8 F npt
(2)981604 1/8 to -4 Straight, pipe thread to -AN adapter
and 3 or 4 feet of -4 autoflex hose.
You will also need to buy hose connectors for each end, I dont have those part numbers. goto anplumbing.com
They have good prices, pictures, and even a tech page that should answer many of your questions.
that should take care of your oil source.
Old 09-09-2001, 04:52 PM
New User

Default Re: help with oil return fittings (93LSivic)

(1)991101 1/8 to 1/8 npt connector from block to tee
(1)991701 Tee 1/8 F npt
(2)981604 1/8 to -4 Straight, pipe thread to -AN adapter
and 3 or 4 feet of -4 autoflex hose.
You will also need to buy hose connectors for each end, I dont have those part numbers. goto anplumbing.com
They have good prices, pictures, and even a tech page that should answer many of your questions.
that should take care of your oil source.
bah! I already placed my order.... Nobody mentioned that I need fittings for oil feed. Is this necessary?
Well, here is what I ordered so far....I guess I can always place another order for feed line stuff.
1. PT 400100 -10 stainless braided line (2 feet)
2. PT 829010 90 deg. -10AN to 1/2" male pipe threads (swivel-seal)
3. PT 824510 45 deg. 1/2" NPT to -10 (swivel-seal)
4. PT 996704 1/2" NPT female fitting

total came to just under $100 ( )

Do you guys think I need the fittings and hose for the feed line? Does the revhard kit come with stainless braided line or a rubber line for the oil feed?
Old 09-09-2001, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well think about it, how can you have an oil dump w/o an oil feed....hehe
If you placed your order recently, just call and have them package everything together. They have awesome customer service> When I bought my feed pieces they forgot to include one of them, I contacted them via email not even over the phone. They expressed their sorrow for the mistake and sent me that piece immediately. Good Luck!
Old 09-09-2001, 05:08 PM
New User

well, thanks for the help and input.
Before I go spending another $36, I'd like to hear from others on the board if it's pretty necessary to replace the stock oil feed line with earl's fittings and braided hose....
what do you guys think?
Old 09-09-2001, 06:39 PM
New User

woudn't you have to get a elbow, 45 degree flare to 1/2 NPT to fit on the weld fitting and the other end of da elbow fitting goes on the swivel seal fitting.
Old 09-09-2001, 10:00 PM
New User

93LSivic, how sure are you that all of those parts are exactly what I need? Nothing is missing, right? I'm going to call them tomorrow and add on to my order...I just want to be sure of everything.
Old 09-10-2001, 10:48 AM
Better than steak

The oil feed will come with the kit and brass fittings..

art
Old 09-10-2001, 11:58 AM
On Fire!

Arturbo

What kind of fitting would I need to get If I don't plan to weld one on to the pan using the same hardware from above?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2001, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Art <---reason i was asking about the oil feed componemts is cause i'm putting my own kit together. i remember someone posting up the components needed to tap it from the head near the soleniod. i searched but could'nt find it....
Old 09-10-2001, 04:39 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You might want to get a restricted oil inlet like the one made by HKS. Here's a pic of an unrestricted inlet. The restricted inlet prevents the over filling of the center housing and keeps the pressure at the correct PSI for proper oiling. A -4AN to 1/8" adapter will be needed to connect to the oil inlet line.

[Modified by drealgsr, 5:56 PM 9/10/2001]
Old 09-10-2001, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys,
what about the Drag 3 kits, does this apply to me too? (i hope not)
Old 09-10-2001, 04:53 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oops.. I hate IE6.0. Somehow my crap got reposted when I edited my post!

[Modified by drealgsr, 5:58 PM 9/10/2001]
Old 09-10-2001, 07:57 PM
New User

The oil feed will come with the kit and brass fittings..

art
Ok, so I take it that the feed line and brass fittings that come with the kit are sufficient, no need for replacement? Because I thought that the kit also came with a return line and fittings, but they weren't the best, thus why I'm purchasing Earl's stuff instead... Is the line that comes with the kit steel braided?
I tried calling ANplumbing all day today, and I get two rings, then it goes to a fax machine... Oh well, probably too late to change the order, but maybe it's for the best if I don't really need to replace the feed line parts anyway.

Quick Reply: help with oil return fittings (from ANplumbing.com)