Notices

Help!!! new to turbos project car need help finding right turbo! k20 RSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! new to turbos project car need help finding right turbo! k20 RSX

Hello I have a RSX Type S I have put low comp pistons, rods, valve springs,retainers, I will be buying cams just have not decided which ones(open to suggestions, want it to be streetable) flywheel injectors fuel pump all that sort of stuff.. aiming for maybe 15psi, I have the turbo kit as far as piping and ic, I need turbo and manifold from what im seeing they are mostly good up to 350hp i am hopeing for a little more and/or dont want to be border line too much for the turbo to handle, so i need recomendations on a correct turbo hopefully a little bigger but wont take a day and a half to spool, thank you
Old 03-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!!! new to turbos project car need help finding right turbo! k20 RSX (kool_guy_70)

Depends on a lot man, depends on your HP goals. It also depens on when you want the turbo to spool and whats the purpose of the car a street car and weekends warrior or a track car ect. As for cams i'm not sure what are good ones for K series motors i no for b series (were i come from) CTR ,ITR or smaller all motor cams seem to work the best. As for turbo if your looking for 350 hp at around 15 psi you wont need much more than a T3/To4e or if you want to go a tad bigger a t3/t60-1. A t3/t04e will make 350hp easly and will spool very fast depending on your mani, you could have full boost by 3500-4500. if it was me i'de get a good tubilar mani like full-race or something close to that and a t3/t04e turbo.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!!! new to turbos project car need help finding right turbo! k20 RSX (b16bri)

if your only shooting for 15psi im guessing your hp goal is 300-350, with that said i think a GT3076R should be perfect for you, as far as manifolds go you have a lot of options, i really hate revhard but they do have a decent cast mani for K series, also might want to look into converting the stock fuel setup to a return line style like most cars have. also skip the cams and get yourself a good ems like KPRO or AEM. you can always add cams later if you want more power.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:08 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Help!!! new to turbos project car need help finding right turbo! k20 RSX (blinx9900)

I normally wouldn't mind being of good assistance, but I've made the same post so many times about the process of choosing the right turbo that I'm starting to get headaches. I hate to sound cold, since that's normally not my way, but if he doesn't plan on doing an research himself to help his situation, there's no need to assist him on that part. Its his first post, and he won't take the time to figure out the forum, rules, or anything else. Good luck to him.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Help!!! new to turbos project car need help finding right turbo! k20 RSX (kool_guy_70)

Hey I posted this because it is part of my research, I am spending alot of money and time on this car so I am taking it serious, and as you said its my first post that is because I had a nissan altima 3.5 that I had built it was totalled I bought an acura, so I am new and Havent done turbos, If you are going to take time out to respond why send somthing that means nothin you say you have wrote about selecting the correct turbo tell me about it or send a link what is the point of tellin me you have wrote about it but not share info isnt that what the point of a forum is? to communicate and share info? To all others I would love the help thank you very much.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For your power goals, the GT3076r would work, but isn't at all necessary. Personally, i would go with the tried-and-true 57 trim. Its cheap and works well without the cost and hassle of a ball bearing CHRA. Honestly, i dont think i'll ever bite on the GT-R bandwagon; hence, the turbo choice in the sig
Old 03-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For your power goals, the GT3076r would work, but isn't at all necessary. Personally, i would go with the tried-and-true 57 trim. Its cheap and works well without the cost and hassle of a ball bearing CHRA. Honestly, i dont think i'll ever bite on the GT-R bandwagon; hence, the turbo choice in the sig </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh i wish we lived in the same state, iirc were have similar setups and power levels it be fun to see who was faster but were not even gonna get into that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kool_guy_70 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey I posted this because it is part of my research, I am spending alot of money and time on this car so I am taking it serious, ...</TD></TR></TABLE>

we get a lot of the same questions everyday, there is A LOT of invaluable informaion in the archives. if everybody searched the archives before posted there would probably be only 50 new posts a day.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:49 PM

Blinkx9900, I know what you mean, but I'm telling you, on the smaller framed units, you'd be suprised what that little GT3255b can do. I've owned and used both turbos. In many sub 400whp applications, you'd be suprised hell, and I WORKED for Honeywell..
Old 03-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Blinkx9900, I know what you mean, but I'm telling you, on the smaller framed units, you'd be suprised what that little GT3255b can do. I've owned and used both turbos. In many sub 400whp applications, you'd be suprised hell, and I WORKED for Honeywell..</TD></TR></TABLE>

i actually like the GT32 ive recomended it a few times on here for people that were looking for decent spooling internally WG turbo's that still put down decent power, then i found schisters thread about his experience with them i just recomended the 3076 cause it leaves a lot of room and still offers quick spool but the 32 is also a good option at half the price, is the 3255b you refer to anything like this one:

http://www.atpturbo.com/Mercha...GTNBB
Old 03-24-2008, 08:34 PM

Default Re: (blinx9900)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blinx9900 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i actually like the GT32 ive recomended it a few times on here for people that were looking for decent spooling internally WG turbo's that still put down decent power, then i found schisters thread about his experience with them i just recomended the 3076 cause it leaves a lot of room and still offers quick spool but the 32 is also a good option at half the price, is the 3255b you refer to anything like this one:

http://www.atpturbo.com/Mercha...GTNBB</TD></TR></TABLE>

similar, but a larger compressor and exhaust wheel. still in the same family, and externally gated..