Notices

HELP!! My HKS Turbo Timer Problem! My Timer runs but engine shuts off with key, whats up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2001, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! HKS Turbo Timer Problem! My Timer runs but engine shuts off with key, whats up?

Here it is...last night battery died, left lights on, and you know....

So after i jumped it the turbo timers not working...been working great last six months...

Now, everything seems to look okay, but when i turn off the car with the key the engine stops, even though the timer is still in countdown mode...

So...countdown mode is no longer keeping the engine running...WTF!!! I also reset the unit and have checked and triple checked all my wiring....

Did the dead battery / jump fry my timer????? Is there something real basic im missing?

THis timer is pretty basic, one wire to full time hot, two wires to ignition and a safety wire to brake...all seems to be hooked up okay. Timer LOOKS like its working, until i shut off the engine.

Also, the two ingintion wires have power with engine on, but as soon as i turn off key the ignition wires (on the timer) lose power...shouldnt they keep power until the timer cycles down?

DAMN!! Any ideas?

[Modified by greyzone, 11:50 PM 7/4/2001]

[Modified by greyzone, 11:51 PM 7/4/2001]
Old 07-04-2001, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!! HKS Turbo Timer Problem! My Timer runs but engine shuts off with key, whats up? (greyzone

Get a New timer?
Old 07-04-2001, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!! HKS Turbo Timer Problem! My Timer runs but engine shuts off with key, whats up? (greyzone

Im hoping thats not the solution...absolutley everything about it SEEMS to be working perfect....except my engine doesnt stay running....otherwise, all the lights, buttons and setting still work and read like they always did...

...its weird man
Old 07-04-2001, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like its not wired right? did you get the right ignition wire off the back of the key cylinder? double check that.
Old 07-04-2001, 11:18 PM
New User

check all related fuses.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ahhh, fuse check...didnt do that...

its still wired the same way its been wired for the last six months and its been working fine so i dont think its that...

thanks...any other thoughts are appreaciated.
Old 07-05-2001, 10:49 PM
New User

any updates?
Old 07-05-2001, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, timers fried....

shop had an extra one, we put it in a it works perfect...

HKS has a one year warranty so we're gonna ship it off to them for repair while i use the shop loner...

thanks for the input guys