Notices

help me pick my turbo etc...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Default help me pick my turbo etc...

ok i ve decided to go forced induction route sometime next year. i plan on piecing my kit together over the winter and spring etc... and hopefully get it all together by the end of next summer. it is goin to be a budget kit but by no means am i goin to get shitty parts. lemme start off by statin some of my goals. id like to keep the car as reliable as it is now(NA) with the turbo. after doin some research, im findin this is possible as long as you dont go the cheap route. im at 160 whp now na, gettin my jdm type r cams in this week so im hopin for the high 160s to 170s at the wheels. when i go FI, im really not lookin for more than 200 whp just becuase i want to keep this simple and reliable and im keepin the internals bone stock. i want the urbo to pull up to redline, maybe start around 3500 ish rpms. id like to keep the boost right around 5-6 lbs as well. i want the car to be a decent track runner(well as decent as it can be with 200whp) as well as mainly keep a smile on my face when driving. im not too concerned with the mpg, im getin 31 now, but im findin out that if you dont have a foot made of concrete mpg dont change a whole ton. there is a few things im not entirely sure of. i DO want to keep my a/c(since this is my only car and daily driver) im lookin at i think its a revhard manifold that allows a/c. anyone reccomend this manifold? can i keep my ac just by using this manifold? also injectors, im not sure how big im lookin to get since i dont plan on pushing a whole tonof hp. and to go along with the whole fuel system, im assuming i would need to upgrade my fuel pump. i think im goin to keep my 2.5 in exhaust. the other area i need help in is im not sure what size turbo is goin to be right for my application. i open to any suggestions for that. as for other parts i planned on using dsm parts as they are a dime a dozen. like a dsm side mount, dsm bov, etc...(unless deals turn up from now till then) but i THINK i covered all the background info i need to. so for all the turbo guys help me figure out what all im lookin at here. im open to all suggestions but keep this in mind

i want this as reliable as possible as it is my only car. so no crazy suggestions...haha. low boost and low whp so i dont blow stuff up. thanks in advance.

and if i left anything out, let me know

and i just realized i forgot some stuff

heres what my setup is now NA

short ram intake
typer 4-1, full 2.5 exhuast
vafc2
b&m FPR
64mm TB
and soon the jdm type r cams, valvesrpings, adj cam gears...actually in a couple days.

i planned on using the vafc2 to fuel tune becuase im not at looking any big hp.

and im obd2 and im stayin that way.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: help me pick my turbo etc... (danteisme)

Really do yourself a favor and just run a fifty wet shot of nitrous. That will meet all your goals and save you a ton of money. If your really set on going turbo see if you can find a simple kit in the classifieds in the marketplace. You wouldn’t need anything fancy an old drag kit will do the trick.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help me pick my turbo etc... (abnaasefmb)

nitrous will only meet my goals when i hit a button, a turbo will meet them all the time.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what if i were to get a turbo off of an eclipse or something liket that?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want 200 WHP invest in some blox B's, PR3's, a good header, and a good tune. That or buy a used JRSC for like 1400. Fabbing a turbo kit is a waste of money if you want 30 WHP.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help me pick my turbo etc... (b16sedan)

well, i'l take more than 30 if i can do it reliably
Old 08-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im doin some more research so when i get more info i will ask better less vauge questions.