Notices

help just installed turbo kit but car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help just installed turbo kit but car wont start

i just intalled my peakboost kit on my gsr block with b16 head okay first ill let you know my setup - gsr block, b16 head, aebs intake manifold, bbk throttle body, peakboost kit t3t4oe 60 ar, 550 rc injectors saturated, walbro 255 fuel pump, p72 ecu with obd1 jumper harness stock boost basemap chrome... i started my project around 2-3 weeks ago i finally finished it tonight due to parts anyways everything is bolt on except for my o2 sensor (both unplugged) cuz my downpipe doesnt have an o2 bung i change the spark plugs to ngk-8 and tonight i started crankin it up first without the plug wires so i can get oil on my turbo then i plugged it up but car wont start it just keep on cranking if anyone knows why please feel free to voice yourself out i would really appreciate it... car was healthy and started right away when it was n/a....
Old 04-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: help just installed turbo kit but car wont start (hatchonarun)

I'd guess that the FPR isn;t set correctly, maybe its at a very high pressure. Besides that, I'd surmise the crome map is messed up in some way. Put back in the stock injectors and stock p72 map, see if it at least fires. If not, its probably the pump and/or FPR.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:18 AM

Default Re: help just installed turbo kit but car wont start (HiProfile)

Did you check to see that you put the spark plug wires back on the distributor correcty.. 1- 3 - 4 - 2
also, it could very well be you forgot to connect the ecu harness in. Check all your sensors and wiring 1 final time as well. Also, you may have power to the starter, but no signal, so check the signal wire as well. good luck man.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:36 AM
honda adnoh

no point in turning ur ignition without the spark plugs because ur turbo is not going to get hot in 3 minutes...

enough oil should get there just in time for u to test drive it....

and to answer ur question, it could be anything... but im guessing

*no fuel
*no spark

keep on turning it till the fuel recirculates back into the lines...
Old 04-16-2006, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (honda adnoh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd guess that the FPR isn;t set correctly, maybe its at a very high pressure. Besides that, I'd surmise the crome map is messed up in some way. Put back in the stock injectors and stock p72 map, see if it at least fires. If not, its probably the pump and/or FPR.</TD></TR></TABLE>
alright what is the right pressure to set it at? i mean the car cranks and thats all it does, dont you think that if the crome map is messed up then the car wont crank at all cuz im not sure...

Old 04-16-2006, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSD Motorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you check to see that you put the spark plug wires back on the distributor correcty.. 1- 3 - 4 - 2
also, it could very well be you forgot to connect the ecu harness in. Check all your sensors and wiring 1 final time as well. Also, you may have power to the starter, but no signal, so check the signal wire as well. good luck man.</TD></TR></TABLE>
the distributor spark plug wires is in correct sequence... wheres the signal wire at the starter any pics if u have one?.... thanks
Old 04-16-2006, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by honda adnoh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no point in turning ur ignition without the spark plugs because ur turbo is not going to get hot in 3 minutes...

enough oil should get there just in time for u to test drive it....

and to answer ur question, it could be anything... but im guessing

*no fuel
*no spark

keep on turning it till the fuel recirculates back into the lines...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

problems:
no fuel - solve bought 3 gallons of gas
no spark - what can cause this?
Old 04-16-2006, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thank you to all that trying to help out it is greatly appreciated
Old 04-16-2006, 08:29 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchonarun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">problems:
no fuel - solve bought 3 gallons of gas
no spark - what can cause this?</TD></TR></TABLE> He didnt mean it like that, it doesnt matter if your tank is full if youre not getting fuel at the injectors. Is the map sensor hooked up right? Who made the basemap? Check the plug wires too, thats the first thing to check. Did you mess with the ignition at all? Doest it just crank and not start or does it sputter and die a little when you try it.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:06 AM

no pics on hand, but if you look at the starter, there are 2 wires right next to each other. 1 is a fat i - ring and the other signal wire is a small 18 gauge wire with the female connection. good luck
Old 04-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help just installed turbo kit but car wont start (LSD Motorsports)

can you at least hear your pump working? Check the injectors voltage.

Modified by RedR at 6:22 PM 4/16/2006
Old 04-17-2006, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help just installed turbo kit but car wont start (LSD Motorsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboCoop &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> He didnt mean it like that, it doesnt matter if your tank is full if youre not getting fuel at the injectors. Is the map sensor hooked up right? Who made the basemap? Check the plug wires too, thats the first thing to check. Did you mess with the ignition at all? Doest it just crank and not start or does it sputter and die a little when you try it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

map sensor is hooked up right never touch it... basemap was made by xenocron, didnt messed with the ignition, yes it just crank and not start.... i guess ill have to check it all today wiring and all that stuff i will keep u an update.... thanks
Old 04-17-2006, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i will keep everybody updated later on the day if my car still dont start up....

thanks again
Old 04-17-2006, 06:18 AM

is the battery dead? do you have the plug wires hooked up in the right order?
Old 04-17-2006, 06:26 AM

Default Re: (hatchonarun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchonarun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright what is the right pressure to set it at? i mean the car cranks and thats all it does, dont you think that if the crome map is messed up then the car wont crank at all cuz im not sure...</TD></TR></TABLE>

the starter engages independantly of the ECU.. was the basemap made for 550cc injectors?
Old 04-17-2006, 07:23 AM

Default Re: (Zakar)

i had that problem after a lil test drive of when i put my turbo kit on 3 days ago. either your base map isnt set for those injectors, or you are doing what i did. check for a bad ground, and look at your ECU fuse, mine kept blowing which as we all know will stop a car from starting...look at that, and if its blown, get under the car and look for wires hanging touching metal. mine was my o2 sensor wires, might be the same for you...good luck, let us know what happens.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Zakar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Zakar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the starter engages independantly of the ECU.. was the basemap made for 550cc injectors?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes basemap is made for 550cc
Old 04-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (97turboteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97turboteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had that problem after a lil test drive of when i put my turbo kit on 3 days ago. either your base map isnt set for those injectors, or you are doing what i did. check for a bad ground, and look at your ECU fuse, mine kept blowing which as we all know will stop a car from starting...look at that, and if its blown, get under the car and look for wires hanging touching metal. mine was my o2 sensor wires, might be the same for you...good luck, let us know what happens. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i check all the ground and under the car for loose wires nothing i can see on bare eyes.... but i will check my ecu fuse see if its blown good looking out... i will keep u guys updated in a few hours....
Old 04-18-2006, 03:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks to everyone that posted i solve the problem lastnight it was the distributor that went... but its weird never touch the distributor can it go bad after 3weeks not starting the car? anyways i have another question what pressure should i set my fuel at right now i have it at 35psi i dont know if i should crank it up but car drives strong spinning all the way to 4th gear on 5lbs of boost cant stop though due to stock breaking system need to upgrade soon
Old 04-18-2006, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't beat on the car on a basemap either, yes distributors can just go bad. Especially if they're old. Stock Honda fuel pressure is around 40 psi I believe.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:47 AM

Hatchonarun, since you are pretty new here.. if you click the red search link on the top right of the page you will find the answer for almost any question...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda-Tech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your search for fuel pressure returned 956 results. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Honda-Tech is a great resource,