Notices

HELP!!! just got ticket with my apexi n1 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! just got ticket with my apexi n1 exhaust

Do any of you know if the exhaust is 50 state legal with the silencer on? If so, where can I get documents stating that? I have to appear in court and prove its legality. Any advice would be appreciated...Thanx
Old 01-17-2003, 01:14 AM

Default Re: HELP!!! just got ticket with my apexi n1 exhaust (Tegman88)

If it was for noise then having proof it is 50 state street legal won't do jack. I talked to a lawyer when I got pulled over for my Ractive muffler. The cop said to show him proof of it being 50 state street legal. All that means is that it is considered a muffler of some sort. BUT, noise violations are up to each individual city (reserve clause of the US Constitution). Most of the time, this judgement is left to the descretion of the officer. Don't battle it. Just go to the local Midas and get a 40 buck econo muffler welded on. Let the cop here it. He will then drop the ticket. Go back to Midas to get your original muffler put back on. Easy cheesy japaneesy. I don't know what to say if he is saying it isn't an exhaust system. I guess then you could show all those documents. Good luck!!
Old 01-17-2003, 02:06 AM

Default Re: HELP!!! just got ticket with my apexi n1 exhaust (maxpsi)

N1s are loud as hell, my friend always used to get messed with because of his. Good luck fighting the cops you will never win.
Old 01-17-2003, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HELP!!! just got ticket with my apexi n1 exhaust (JdmRiceMonster)

they arent that loud all the time . mine was only loud when i was na and test pipe.
i have no cat now just straight 2.5 dp to it and it aint loud at all .
Old 01-17-2003, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!!! just got ticket with my apexi n1 exhaust (itr206)

mines not to loud at all

Rob
Old 01-17-2003, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what you need to do is find some sort of db level that the exhaust puts out. You should beable to get something from apexi on it. Find out what's concidered to loud in your city/county and as long as it's not louder, they can't touch it. I've done that before for my exhaust.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:45 AM

Default Re: HELP!!! just got ticket with my apexi n1 exhaust (autoEXturbo)

He has a point here. If your state has a set decibal level that they consider a "noise violation", then you could get proof of how loud that exhaust is from Apexi or find a way to test the decibal level yourself. BUT, if your state leaves what is considered a "noise violation" up to the decretion of the officer, then considered yourself screwed. In this case, do what you have to in order to please the officer. He/she will drop the ticket. Then you can go back to your original exhaust setup after this (shhh don't tell the nice officer you did this).
Old 01-17-2003, 09:38 AM

I just spoke to the guys at apex'i in CA, they said as long as the silencer is in place, the decibel level is under legal limits...the thing is, the cops that pulled me over in NYC didn't even have a decibel meter to prove the loudness of my exhaust, besides I was pulling over to park my car, so i wasn't even rev-ing my engine. they just gave me a ticket based on the looks...the n1's do look loud...oh wells, I have to waste my time going to court now...F$5K'N COPS...

The cops told me in order to fight the ticket, just show in court with a letter from a local auto shop that state its 50 state legal and that I have a silencer on it....IMO i think they were trying to meet their quota for the month...bunch of morons!!!
Old 01-17-2003, 12:31 PM

So, in New York city there is a set decibal level? In that case, just bring all the paper work you can. Isn't that like giving a speeding ticket w/o having read the speeder's speed on a radar detector? Good luck to ya.......
Old 01-17-2003, 12:58 PM

In Columbus, OH, the exhaust cannot be any different sounding than the stock exhaust sounds
Most of the cops are cool unless you are a total jackass, redlining every gear around them....he, he!!
Old 01-17-2003, 06:03 PM

yea...just recently the new mayor passed a policy or something to reduce the level of noise pollution and stuff....NYC is becoming more like california....soon he's going to try ban smoking in any public places....even on the streets or something...what a dumbass
Old 01-17-2003, 06:31 PM

i have the Apex' I turbo flow Cat-back,, when i was NA it was really loud, now that im running turbo and deep and pops while down shifting, but while i was living in cali, i got pulled over all the time... now im back home in ND and no one gives a ****... U gotta figure it depends on where you live, who the cops is, how bord he is and how big if a dick he is....

**** happens..

it sucks..
Old 01-17-2003, 09:42 PM

Default Re: HELP!!! just got ticket with my apexi n1 exhaust (BoostedBigBodyLXaccord)

pay the ticket and get it over with. i got 2 tickets for mine