Notices

Help! Just got block rebuilt and fuel pump, now its cutting off fuel at low rpms!?!?

Old 08-25-2002, 04:48 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Just got block rebuilt and fuel pump, now its cutting off fuel at low rpms!?!?

I just got my car back yesterday afternoon and i cruised around in it adding up the break in miles and it drove fine. I never went over 4 grand and it was driving fine. Now i have a few problems. One is the idle. The god damn idle goes from 1k-1.5k-2k depending on how warm the car is, as it warms up it gets a little bit better but there is never a steady good idle. I tried putting a brand new IACV in and that did not help it. My secondary o2 sensor i believe it shot becuase i knew my front one was shot than i changed it and i still get code - 65 Downstream oxygen sensor heater. I think that was shot from before the re-build as well so that possibly can be it.
Now the bigger of my problems is that my fuel seems to be cutting off every so and than when im accelerating. Not hard acceleration just whenever i have my foot on the gas i can feel it lean out the rpms shoot down than it comes right back up or sometimes will repeat itself. I tried giving it a LITTLE bit of gas and it went fine it seems to do it more between 2k-3.5k. A holley in tank 255 fuel pump was just put in, i have a 8:1 fmu disc, and 310cc injectors and my fuel pressure set around 42 psi, that is how it was when i got it back but im not sure if that is where it should be set. If anyone has any idea's on what my problems could be let me know. I think maybe the idle problem is becuase of the second o2 sensor, which if anyone has an extra they want to sell let me know, or another sensor some where in the car and it is not the IACV - idle air control valve. Any info will help!! thanks!