Notices

HELP! I need an awesome fuel delivery / fuel setup!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! I need an awesome fuel delivery / fuel setup!

Hey guys, I know BB6 recently posted something about his fuel setup...But I'm not sure if my question really classifies as the same thing, so I didn't want to jack his thread at all.

I currently am looking to upgrade my fuel setup. I have a b18b1 block with b16a head turbocharged with lots of goodies tuned at 415hp. But my fuel pump recently died (Thank god right before winter) and I went to go buy a new one...a Bosch 044. But realized I needed an Inline(Intank) pump because I don't have an external setup or anything.

I REALLY don't want to send this pump back if I don't have to...What do I need to run an external setup? I don't care what modifications I need to do money isn't an issue I'm just really not bright with the mechanics of cars that much/what I need to make X work, y'know?

I've heard people talking about getting a fuel sump, and I've been recommended to get an Aeromotive fuel filter with -8an fittings...But does this all mean I need new linings/fittings and what not? If you can help me, I'd really appreciate it and I'm sure it would help someone in the future if they have the same problem and run a search
Old 12-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! I need an awesome fuel delivery / fuel setup! (Quatakai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quatakai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've heard people talking about getting a fuel sump, and I've been recommended to get an Aeromotive fuel filter with -8an fittings...But does this all mean I need new linings/fittings and what not? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup! Sounds like you know what needs to get done, just don't want to do it? If you're only making 415 just stick with an intank walbro 255 and stock lines... much simpler.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! I need an awesome fuel delivery / fuel setup! (dunkd)

It might sound like I know what I want/doing, but I kinda don't. I'm not sure where to look for fuel lines, what type of connectors or anything. I'm not sure if any brand is better than the other.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:19 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HELP! I need an awesome fuel delivery / fuel setup! (dunkd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dunkd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you're only making 415 just stick with an intank walbro 255 and stock lines... much simpler.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed. If you sub 550-600whp, then the walboro intake and stock hard lines will be enough for you. There is <U>definitely</U> no need at all to spend the money on an outstanding fuel system at 415whp. If you were above 600 or have plans for it, then that's a different story
Old 12-26-2006, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! I need an awesome fuel delivery / fuel setup! (AF-P Dunc)

I eventually have plans on running past 600hp but I'm not sure how long it's gonna be until then...Hopefully it won't be too long, which is why I'm asking for help now so I know what I need to do if the time comes for that ... Thanks for the help so far I've gotten a couple PM's also
Old 12-26-2006, 09:00 AM

Default Re: HELP! I need an awesome fuel delivery / fuel setup! (Quatakai)

I currently am looking to upgrade my fuel setup. I have a b18b1 block with b16a head turbocharged with lots of goodies tuned at 415hp. But my fuel pump recently died (Thank god right before winter) and I went to go buy a new one...a Bosch 044. But realized I needed an Inline(Intank) pump because I don't have an external setup or anything.

^^^^ you need an inline intank???

you know those are two different things?

not to be a dick but you said you dont know much about "mechanics of a car"

Modified by agrn93ls at 9:38 AM 12/27/2006
Old 12-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! I need an awesome fuel delivery / fuel setup! (agrn93ls)

Sorry...I guess I'm worse at this than I thought. I got a few PM's and I think I got it figured out now. Thanks for all the help!