Notices

HELP! How the hell to get traction,launch?? Can't launch turbo b16 hatch for crap, HELP TIPS..

Old 11-29-2002, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! How the hell to get traction,launch?? Can't launch turbo b16 hatch for crap, HELP TIPS..

i got the car its fast as hell in a roll on I'll kill people and i'll eat up slower cars once I catch and pass them but for the life of me I can't get this car to get off a line, it either bogs or spins and if I can't manage to ease it out a little people are shitting on me by the time I am grabbing, whats the point of having these cars if we can't get em off the line. I almost dred hitting a good aponent at a light because Im gonna lose. PLEASE give me some tips, the cars rolling on 17 volk gtns with p7000s i beleive. and Tanabe Sustec pro's on 3 up front and 6 in the back.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:09 PM

Default Re: HELP! How the hell to get traction,launch?? Can't launch turbo b16 hatch for crap, HELP TIPS..

i got the car its fast as hell in a roll on I'll kill people and i'll eat up slower cars once I catch and pass them but for the life of me I can't get this car to get off a line, it either bogs or spins and if I can't manage to ease it out a little people are shitting on me by the time I am grabbing, whats the point of having these cars if we can't get em off the line. I almost dred hitting a good aponent at a light because Im gonna lose. PLEASE give me some tips, the cars rolling on 17 volk gtns with p7000s i beleive. and Tanabe Sustec pro's on 3 up front and 6 in the back.
sell it.......

ease into the throttle and don't just dump the clutch.....or even better don't race on the street....keep it on the track...
Old 11-29-2002, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! How the hell to get traction,launch?? Can't launch turbo b16 hatch for crap, HELP TIPS..

....drag radials....
Old 11-29-2002, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this thread probably belongs in drag racing but ill try to help.

Besides the rim size handicap you have, your probably getting over anxious when you launch and spinning the tires too much which results in you just sitting at the line while the other guy heads off. You need to relax before you race. Harness the power grasshoppa.

Once you get that down, you need to find your cars sweet spot where youre tires are just glazing the street...they need to be on the brink of loosing traction while still maintaining maximum forward momentum.

Also try 15" rims and new tires like so3s, Azenis, bfg drag, or nitto drag tires. Then get an lsd. Hope this helps.

Old 11-29-2002, 09:43 PM

thanks, forgot to mention I have a type r trans so i got the diff already, I look into the 15s and **** its winter anyway.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

one thing that helped me tremendously was having a profec b and a .3 bar spring. launch on 4 psi and then hit the high boost remote in top of first or second gear. Works like a charm. The track verified it too. 12.41 @ 124 w/ 2.1 60' on nittos

Search this Thread