Notices

HELP - Getting started on boosting my ITR Del Sol...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - Getting started on boosting my ITR Del Sol...

Anyone got *any* potential leads on where to get a ITR / B16 JRSC? I've been lurking on Kijiji, Craiglist, and a few forums... nada.

Anyone got a line on one? Would appreciate a PM... then I'll start a build thread.

Here's what I'm starting with:

98 ITR with LSD
Megan Racing Rear Lower Control Arms
PIC Coilovers
Short Air Intake (Plan to convert to CAI)
Rocket Exhaust

I'm currently making 185HP; I'm hoping to make 230...? That possible WITHOUT risking blowing up my baby?
Old 07-28-2011, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP - Getting started on boosting my ITR Del Sol...

Are you absolutly set on a JRSC ? you can put in a propery sized turbo and have the same characteristics as a SC and make more power
Old 07-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah... The gearing is sweet and I like turns more than straight aways. I went for a ride with a friend in his GN... didn't like the lag. I like 'press and go' .... even if I only make around 220-230 I hope to run low 13's. And straight line is the secondary function in my car...

Also since it's my DD reliability and no/LOW maintenance is best.

Maybe a turbo'd type r guy needs to take me for a ride... ?

Am I able to do 'whatever' for 2k? That's about my budget goal....
Old 08-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

first of all turbo is whole diffrent story! theres allot more to take in going turbo! You deff seem like your aiming for a nice mid range power band! the jrsc is perfect! turbo is more better for peak power but a properly sized and tuned turbo can give similar power but the jrsc has instant throtle response and has great midrange! no lag! and your ITR motor isnt to high of a compression so dont worrie about that, dont boost more than 9psi. use a gsr intake cam and your gonna be around 230hp with a good header and ex. get the motor tuned before you boost it espeasially if your not using the jrsc fmu. use some rc 330cc injectors if you want but tune it on at least a hondata s100 by a good tuner, you can easily hit 230hp! iv done it on a high comp gsr motor!
https://honda-tech.com/forums/appearance-build-threads-122/c-street-sleeper-want-feedback-comments-lots-pics-%2A%2A%2A-2556604/

theres guys who will modify a gsr jrsc manifold and drill holes to match the its ports and relocate the coolant passage. Call LHT performance they might sell you one with your manifold for core exchange, they did this for me but i also had them modifie the manifold to there race spec.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a JRSC in hand now.... but my clutch has started failing; so the JRSC

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
theres guys who will modify a gsr jrsc manifold and drill holes to match the its ports and relocate the coolant passage. Call LHT performance they might sell you one with your manifold for core exchange, they did this for me but i also had them modifie the manifold to there race spec.
What did that set you back and what setup are you running? I was thinking of keeping safe around 8 PSI... at least for now.... then when I get used to it (and get more $$$) I'll look at making more boost and doing what I need to do so it's safe and makes power all day long, forever.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Merkley
I have a JRSC in hand now.... but my clutch has started failing; so the JRSC

What did that set you back and what setup are you running? I was thinking of keeping safe around 8 PSI... at least for now.... then when I get used to it (and get more $$$) I'll look at making more boost and doing what I need to do so it's safe and makes power all day long, forever.
the lht manifold with race version heat exchanger cost me around like $1,850.

you could match the holes and drill em and relocate the coolant port.

even with the lht manifold you will get heat soak. you wanna make power all day then better have sleaves in that block if you boost more than 12psi. thats with the lht manifold. look into a meth injection kit or nos to help keep your iat's at a safe level. i hit up to 18.5 psi on my stock itr motor when i first tuned it but the block was stock so i returned with 12psi, it hit 285hp and was fun but i still had stupid heat soak, but i always wondered how that motor would of felt with 18.5psi i would of been around 350-380hp lol
that setup is on pg 6 click below,
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...2556604&page=6
Old 08-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Merkley
Anyone got *any* potential leads on where to get a ITR / B16 JRSC? I've been lurking on Kijiji, Craiglist, and a few forums... nada.

Anyone got a line on one? Would appreciate a PM... then I'll start a build thread.

Here's what I'm starting with:

98 ITR with LSD
Megan Racing Rear Lower Control Arms
PIC Coilovers
Short Air Intake (Plan to convert to CAI)
Rocket Exhaust

I'm currently making 185HP; I'm hoping to make 230...? That possible WITHOUT risking blowing up my baby?

ill be selling a nice vortech kit that i was going to use on my itr swapped del slo in the next couple of weeks'
Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by digital sol
ill be selling a nice vortech kit that i was going to use on my itr swapped del slo in the next couple of weeks'
get that!

the jrsc is a piece of **** lol!! vortech would be much better! but if your sold on low end and mid range than stick with the jrsc.