Notices

Help car will not start AEM. Lot of problems and questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help car will not start AEM. Lot of problems and questions.

Ever since we upgraded to version .94 it has been a nightmare. But I have some questions. When we upgraded I hear a humming noise coming from the engine bay on the intake manifold I have an LS motor. It is coming from the underside of the intake mainifold and it is round and black.
Next thing my ignitor went bad in my distributor making the tach jump like crazy and it would not allow the car to start. We changed the ignitor out with a new good working one and I was able to drive home. I let the car sit for a few days and I go out and try and start it and once again the tach is jumping and my car will not start. Is there known issues with version .94 having causing these types of problems?

The last thing that really scares is when I crank and crank. I then let go of the key and the car will crank about two more times with me not doing anything. None of these problems happened when I was running version .73.
Can someone help?
Thanks
Old 03-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help car will not start AEM. Lot of problems and questions. (underpressure02)

weird. where did you get your calibration file from?
Old 03-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help car will not start AEM. Lot of problems and questions. (Mase)

IGN map from Justin and my fuel map from the DRT tune. I just checked and I have no spark going to the plugs. So my thoughts my second ignitor just went bad. WTF is going on?
Old 03-22-2003, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help car will not start AEM. Lot of problems and questions. (underpressure02)

ok put the stock ecu back in and then check if its putting out spark
Old 03-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help car will not start AEM. Lot of problems and questions. (Mase)

that my first problem. I do not have a stock ecu. But here is the thing when my first ignitor went bad we repalced it car started worked fine for the whole day. Drove it home let it sit for a few days and tried to start it and nothing. No spark. ANd that humming noise is really loud. I posted over on aem board but no one responded b/c that board is pretty slow.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help car will not start AEM. Lot of problems and questions. (jtrbocrx)

I have my hondata with P75 I will sell you...lol

Dude, you need to clean some of that wiring up. THe humming is the IAC, just gotta screw with the frequency.....Idle--Advanced Idle--Options. I have mine at 488hz, but its made noise at all different settings...so far so good.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:48 AM

that my first problem. I do not have a stock ecu. But here is the thing when my first ignitor went bad we repalced it car started worked fine for the whole day. Drove it home let it sit for a few days and tried to start it and nothing. No spark. ANd that humming noise is really loud. I posted over on aem board but no one responded b/c that board is pretty slow.
The board isn't slow. No one works on the weekend that is all. The stock ecu is not going to help you if you changed injectors or changed the map sensor. Did you convert your old map and then add the ignition and fuel map? Since you won't be able to get a hold of AEM till Monday I would compare your .73 map with your .94 map in the software. Why did you change your ignition and fuel maps if they were fine in .73?
Old 03-23-2003, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Help car will not start AEM. Lot of problems and questions. (jtrbocrx)

call john concaldi at AEM and chew him a new one
Old 03-23-2003, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help car will not start AEM. Lot of problems and questions. (98Psi ITR)

I did not change my ign or fuel maps. I copied them over from version .73 when we did the upgrade. The car was running fine so I highly doubt it is my maps. The car is not getting any spark. IE did the ignitor go bad again? That was my main question of the post and if so is anyone who is running .94 having similar problems like that.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:27 AM

I did not change my ign or fuel maps. I copied them over from version .73 when we did the upgrade. The car was running fine so I highly doubt it is my maps. The car is not getting any spark. IE did the ignitor go bad again? That was my main question of the post and if so is anyone who is running .94 having similar problems like that.
ok.
np on .94 then
Old 03-23-2003, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help car will not start AEM. Lot of problems and questions. (98Psi ITR)

The stock ecu is not going to help you if you changed injectors or changed the map sensor.
Yes it will, i didnt mean for you to start it, only crank it w/ the stock ECU to see if you were getting spark. see if you can borrow someones ecu and check
Old 03-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got out my helms book and I tested the coil that tested okay. I tested all the wired going to the ignitor and they all had power and tested fine. But still not spark. Any ideas?