Notices

Help with b18c1 turbo setup/Neptune...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with b18c1 turbo setup/Neptune...

Been mucking around for a little bit now, I don't really sleep because I'm reading more and more and shopping more and more for parts for my new 96 GSR.

My first thought was to find another b18c1 block that someone had blown up, acquire, take it to the machine shop, and start a nice b18c1 turbo build. Ended up nixing that idea because I'm having a hard time finding a b18c1 block period...and the ones I do find have suffered fatal damage or are longblocks, which is not what I'm looking for.

Secondly, I figured, wth, why not opt for the LSV-T? Seems to be alot of peoples weapon of choice...I've seen it proven over and over at many track nights, from the 12's to the 9's. Problem there is, this GSR is daily driven, and although some feedback I get from LSV and LSV-T drivers is good, I'd have to say that its 70-30 that the reliability sucks, and this car is my daily driver, reliability is key.

So now, after reading even more, being scolded, talking to my buddy who had a 10 sec CRX(and told me to do what I'm about to say from the gate), and reading MORE, I think that turbocharging what I already have would be adequate for my 350 hp goal. I figure that 350 hp will get me into the 12's which is fast enough for me...and I'll stay there until I can score a b18c1 block, get it fully built and sleeved and all.

Is this accurate? Many of you long time Honda-er's...how does this sound to you? Especially those of you with daily drivers with boost that have had them for a while...

Also, from what I understand, NepTune is a great program for tuning these cars. The most important part of having a reliable, fast, but running, car, is the tune. I'm confused though as to what I need to run NepTune. My plan was to purchase NepTune ASAP, and get it in the car, get the car tuned and learn NepTune while I piece together an exemplary turbo kit.

The most important thing to me is reliability, and then power. I feel like with 350 hp I'd be satisfied, and then I could buy like an ek 4 door for a play car and try to make 600 hp.

Ideas? Questions? Concerns? Answers??
Old 03-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help with b18c1 turbo setup/Neptune...

If you're wanting to be able to make changes yourself, NepTune is unavailable as an end user product right now, but will be available again shortly as we change hardware. Getting tuned by a dealer is still an option for the time being, all you need is a socketed ECU, and you'll be able to use the software to open your tune and datalog with to learn the program and see the settings.