Notices

Help! 450 DSM injectors not firing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help! 450 DSM injectors not firing?

Yesturday, I decided to install some 450cc DSM injectors and a map hack circuit so I can run them on my 89 civic si. I took out the old stocks and put in the DSM's and the circuit on the map. Tried to start, no start just cranking from the starter. I took off the map hack circuit, no start still just cranking.

I then tried troubleshooting. Look to see if I was holding fuel pressure, fuel pressure was holding. I know it is not spark, because I didn't touch any ignition components. Pulled a plug to see if it got wet from fuel, it was bone dry. Tried to smell for fuel in the hole, didn't smell any fuel at all in the hole.

Now, the only thing I can think of is the injectors not firing. I hope I didn't get scamed and bought 4 bad injectors. How can I test an injector? TIA
Old 11-25-2002, 11:42 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help! 450 DSM injectors not firing? (technine)

you put a resistor pack in? (or does your car have one already?)
Old 11-25-2002, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

First, make sure you're getting juice to the injectors by using a Noid Light plugged into the injector harness. 2nd, you can check injectors to see if they work by hooking a 9V battery up to them. Gently hold the injector and connect the 9V battery and feel for a small jerk or click. If you don't feel that, bad injectors.
Old 11-25-2002, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help! 450 DSM injectors not firing? (House of Boost)

I know I should be having power to the injectors, because I hooked my stocks back up after this and it worked like usual and cranked the first time.

I have a resistor pack because my car came with it stock.
Old 12-02-2002, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update:

Did the 9v battery test and they did not click at all, but current did flow through according to my test light. I tried a stock injector for referrence and it DID click. Am I missing anything with these 450's or do they just plain don't work.

I got them off of someone on the board with the screen name racerxadam. Can anyone vouch for this guy?
Old 12-02-2002, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I offered to refund your money, but I want the injectors back. They worked in a friends car before removing them. I don't want to be labeled as a bad seller on this board and I am offering to do anything to make the situation right but I'm not going to get taken advantage of by refunding without return of the product.

[Modified by racerxadam, 3:35 PM 12/2/2002]
Old 12-02-2002, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help! 450 DSM injectors not firing? (racerxadam)

I just want someone to vouch for you so I can trust that sending them back will get my money back. I'm not calling you a scammer, but I want to know that you are legit and if you did have any history of bad sales or not.

Again, I'm not calling nor have I called you a scammer, just trying to see if anyone will vouch for you. I'm probably gonna return them even without a vouch, but it's good to know if a guy is straight up before shelling out for shipping.

I sent you money first before I got the product, so why can't you do the same? But to end any arguments that might arrise from this, I will send them back to you and you can send me my money afterwards. After all, you did send them right after you got my money, but just unfortunatly they didn't work.

I am in no way trying to disrespect your honesty, but hey.... they don't work. I'll even vouch for you being a good seller after I get the money back.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I can vouch for Adam , hes a great guy, i got my hondata 4b off him and it works great **** he even drove an hour or so to deliver it to me and show me how to use it . and i still talk to him ocassioanly to ask questions on functions of the unit . there was a piece missing and he even emialed me to let me knwo and sent it out to me right awaty no probs. **** i didnt even knwo it was missing becuase i didnt knwo all the parts it shoulda came with. . . . . . hes a very honest person, i have no complaints about him , i wish every online transaction was as smooth as it was with him .
ADAM
Old 12-02-2002, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help! 450 DSM injectors not firing? (itr206)

Sounds good from a user with 2000+ posts with a 100% rating. I'm sending it back to him.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bro,let me also vouch for adam.he lives about an 1 hr and 15 mins from.he bought something from me and then stayed a few hours helping me trouble shoot my car.it was freezing cold out and he is def on of the coolest guys i have met on honda tech.he is def a stand up guy who even afterwards continued to work with to ttroubleshoot the car via email.i had never met him before and this to me shows a lot about a persons character.he is def a stand up guy.you have nothing to worry about.adam
Old 12-03-2002, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help! 450 DSM injectors not firing? (civbeater90)

I can vouch for Adam as well. He has helped me tremendously with tuning my car and doing other odds and ends. He lives very local to me, about 10 minutes away. He can be trusted....hell I let him help tune my car!!!

I think you might be having problems wiring them up.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help! 450 DSM injectors not firing? (93LSivic)

How should I wire these injectors up in an 89 civic si? I thought you just put them in and they should work. They fit in the injector plugs just fine.

I tested them last night again, but I sprayed some carb cleaner down them and now they make a very slight click when I test them, but my stock injector clicks 10X louder than it. I also tried blowing air out it while testing, but no air could come out, but when I did this with my stock injector, air came out.

Maybe I need more power to the injectors? Should I try a 12V source from my car and hook it up to see if that works? Is there any tricks on making it work in a car that came with a resistor box?

I guess Adam is a straight up guy, he is willing to take it back and send me the money when he recieves the tracking #.

I will try my best to see if the injectors will work, maybe they stuck some how.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think something is wrong with your setup no the injectors.double check all your wiring.my injectors woudnt fire becuase i had a broken wire on a sensor.so double check everything.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help! 450 DSM injectors not firing? (civbeater90)

i think something is wrong with your setup no the injectors.double check all your wiring.my injectors woudnt fire becuase i had a broken wire on a sensor.so double check everything.
I put back my stock injectors and the run fine. I don't think anything is wrong with the wiring. Maybe the injector is gunked up inside and I need to get it clean and free to move? Gonna try tonight.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Adam sent me a check the other day, I should be getting it soon. He is a good seller and an honest guy, I would do business with him again. racerxadam

Old 12-16-2002, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just got the check today, again for Adam, aka racerxadam.