Notices

Header questions, JDM, Kamikaze, DC Sports? slightly different question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header questions, JDM, Kamikaze, DC Sports? slightly different question

was curious are there enough gains to opt for a 2.5" collector header say the JDM 4-1, Kamikaze, vs. a decent brand 4-1 like the DC Sports.

I'm currently pushing 8-9psi on a JRSC running a USDM Typr-R header->2.5 Carsound->USDM Type-R exhaust. I will NOT be changing the cat or exhaust (I can modify the cat to fit a new header though). But was wondering if changing to a DC 4-1 header would provide decent gains or would going with one of the 2.5 collector headers be worth modifying the cat and a better choice?? Or would the gains be so minimal I should just leave it all alone? I'd be willing to swap in a new header to pickup 10+whp, but if I only get something like 5 whp... I might as well leave it all alone.

I'm cross posting on the Hostboard just to try to get some more feedback/input. I've been told that a header is not worth getting since I won't be changing the USDM ITR exhaust.

any input or feedback is appreciated.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Header questions, JDM, Kamikaze, DC Sports? slightly different question (Black-LS)

?
Old 04-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header questions, JDM, Kamikaze, DC Sports? slightly different question (Black-LS)

I feel as if you arent going to free up the rest of the exhaust I wouldnt worry about it. Having run a Kami, 2.5'' Test pipe, and the N1 it was louuuuud.

However when I made the switch from the header back I picked up ~15whp but I was also running 11psi so the results yielded of course were greater.

Its all personal preference, but i dont think you would notice more then a 5whp difference give or take if you did simply the header.

If you do decide to do so I have a Mint JDM 4-1 sitting next to me waiting to be sold.

Good Luck, Joe.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black-LS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">was curious are there enough gains to opt for a 2.5" collector header say the JDM 4-1, Kamikaze, vs. a decent brand 4-1 like the DC Sports.

I'm currently pushing 8-9psi on a JRSC running a USDM Typr-R header-&gt;2.5 Carsound-&gt;USDM Type-R exhaust. I will NOT be changing the cat or exhaust (I can modify the cat to fit a new header though). But was wondering if changing to a DC 4-1 header would provide decent gains or would going with one of the 2.5 collector headers be worth modifying the cat and a better choice?? Or would the gains be so minimal I should just leave it all alone? I'd be willing to swap in a new header to pickup 10+whp, but if I only get something like 5 whp... I might as well leave it all alone.

I'm cross posting on the Hostboard just to try to get some more feedback/input. I've been told that a header is not worth getting since I won't be changing the USDM ITR exhaust.

any input or feedback is appreciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

5 months later and I'm still wondering... anyone else have thoughts on this?