Notices

having problems with actuator bolt backing out...need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default having problems with actuator bolt backing out...need help

first of all i have an internally wastegated wrx turbo. My turbo is clocked so that I can only hold the wastegate actuator on with one bolt. The turbo didn't come with any bolts when I got it and i was wondering what is the exact size bolt for that whole? I think the one bolt hole that I need to use has semi messed up threads. I have tried a couple different size bolts, but they wiggle out with some movement if I tug on them...i have also already lost two that just vibrated out while I was driving. I tried using teflon tape on the threads and one still backed out. Anybody got any ideas of how I can keep those bolts from backing out without permanently jb welding the thing in there or something?
Old 06-05-2004, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: having problems with actuator bolt backing out...need help (SOHC_MShue)

I had the same problem with my turbo, check out http://www.stage8.com They should beable to help you. Tell them Lee f0rsfed@earthlink,net sent ya. You can refer to this post I made to check them out.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=879472
Old 06-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: having problems with actuator bolt backing out...need help (FOrSfEd)

sweet man i'll have to check that out
Old 06-05-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Re: having problems with actuator bolt backing out...need help (SOHC_MShue)

Take the turbo to a hardware store, and find the right bolt, then use locktite on it?
Old 06-06-2004, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: having problems with actuator bolt backing out...need help (sporkcrx)

yea thats what i originally did, but i forgot which bolt it was and i don't feel like taking the turbo back off . It looks like I may just have to retap the hole because it seems that the threads got jacked up somehow
Old 11-14-2004, 06:00 PM

was

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea thats what i originally did, but i forgot which bolt it was and i don't feel like taking the turbo back off . It looks like I may just have to retap the hole because it seems that the threads got jacked up somehow </TD></TR></TABLE>

... come on matt... quit ghetto riggin'
Old 11-14-2004, 06:32 PM

Default Re: having problems with actuator bolt backing out...need help (Prince of Darkness)

yea locite is good, but i would just retap the hole and make it bigger
Old 11-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: having problems with actuator bolt backing out...need help (Prince of Darkness)

damn Erol why did you bring this old *** thread back? I don't even have a vacuum source going to the actuator anymore because it doesn't even work. The actuator is busted and the only thing keeping the boost level at 10psi is the way the actuator sits so the flapper stays open a little. **** this internal wastegate ****...i'm getting an external gate soon