Notices

Havin a few problems with my NX wet kit on my civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Havin a few problems with my NX wet kit on my civic

i bought a NX kit about 2 months ago and have been having a few kinks here and there with it that i have solved. i was out racin last nite and it was hittin hard (even on 3 cylinders which i didnt realize for a little and still was beating a few cars i didnt think i would.) anyways...so i go out to the actual races tonite and on the freeway on the way there i decide to open the bottle and make sure everything is ok. well i hit it and its maknig a crazy like huffing almost popping sound when i start squezzin. i no its not detontaing cause ive already had that issue. we get closer to the races so i decide to do an off the line start and its doing it again. im really wondering whats going on now and decide not to run it. when i finally pull up to the races one of my buddies (doesnt no im squeezn yet) was like dood you were shootin out blue flames going down the freeway. when he described when he saw them it was when i was squeezin and it was making that noise. i have no idea what it is and my buddy isnt sure also. i have a fpr that we are getting ready to throw on but it was worknig fine for a few bottles til i detonated and plugged the cat up. then i bolted on a OBX hi flow cat and the second nite it does this. can it be that it is cold and i dont have a bottle heater? i dont have a pressure gauge so should i just wait to squeeze when i have a gauge and the fpr hooked up? im kinda stumped here cause i went through about 4 bottles without any problems at all, til i forgot i had my homeade vtec controller activated and squeezed at about 2500k and BAM! (thats when i plugged the cat up and blew my air filter off.)

Modified by aequitas at 3:08 AM 2/13/2005
Old 02-13-2005, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Havin a few problems with my NX wet kit on my civic (aequitas)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aequitas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">shootin out blue flames going down the freeway</TD></TR></TABLE>

running overly rich-bottle could be empty or the bottle pressure is real low below 900psi

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aequitas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">activated and squeezed at about 2500k and BAM! (thats when i plugged the cat up and blew my air filter off.)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's a nitrous back fire not good.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">- til i detonated and plugged the cat up-</TD></TR></TABLE>

detonation does not cause a cat to get clogged

BTW-Lay off the nitrous do some research learn about it.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Havin a few problems with my NX wet kit on my civic (DRAGLS)

ive been doing as much research as i can. both here and other forums. but thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Havin a few problems with my NX wet kit on my civic (aequitas)

dude it sounds like a pressure problem,but if you are past your first bottle it could of been over filled that happen to my twice