Notices

Have some GSR Turbo questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have some GSR Turbo questions

Hey guys! I'm planning to turbocharge my GSR. But I don't know where to start from - I've never dealt with any turbocharged engies before. So the first thing for is to decide whether I should buy any turbo kit or I should buy all the componens separately. I looker through the full-race.com website and I pretty much liked their ProAM stage 3 nurbo kit with t3/t67 turbo. What do you guys think about this turbo kit?

And the second thing I want to know - which exhaust maniford should I pick? Which manifold works best for GSR Turbo.

Thanks a lot.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Have some GSR Turbo questions (QB21)

stock GSR or built GSR ?? because you want to make sure you dont strain the stock bottom end too much... there a plenty of threads about how much a stock GSR can take... about 350 is what i've **heard** but there are alot of cases where they handle more and where they handle less, but you if this is your first turbo setup you can buy a kit, or if you want something heavy hitting you can peice together a kit so that you can have the best of everything the first time around and dont have to upgrade components . also how much are you willing to spend on a turbo kit, and tuning, and engine managment (HONDATA, CROME, Uberdata, etc..) ... $$ is a big factor with what you want and what you can afford.... so ask away any questions... as for the full-race turbo kit it is awsome... full - race it self is awsome.. but you wont be able to use its full capacity if you have a stock bottom end...
Old 07-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Banned

Default Re: Have some GSR Turbo questions (EK_GSR)

.50 A/R .67 exaust 57 trim what exactly does this mean? is that a powerfull turbo
Old 07-19-2005, 12:40 PM

thanks a lot.

of course i plan to reinforce the bottom end of the engine. And this is also a big question for me. Can you give me any advice on what to do with the bottom end to make it able to sustane the power the turbo can give. I think I gotta resleeve it and get new pistons and pods. Once again I haven't made my choice on these components too yet.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:00 PM

Stock GSR sleeves can handle about 400hp or so, so.. you dont have to do that unless you want to push more power. Get rods, maybe eagle H beams and 9.1 cr pistons with ARP rod and head bolts. Bigger injectors and fuelpump and maybe ignition.
The first thing you gotta decide is a horsepower level, that will determine what you need to get to achieve that goal. Keep in mind Tuning is the key
Old 07-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Have some GSR Turbo questions (GS-Rcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GS-Rcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The first thing you gotta decide is a horsepower level, that will determine what you need to get to achieve that goal. Keep in mind Tuning is the key </TD></TR></TABLE>

well put....
Old 07-19-2005, 10:27 PM

Full-race website says that Stage 3 ProAm turbo kit gives 620 hosepower. So lest say that the peak power would be about 600 Hp. Sp what do I have to do with the block so it can handle such an amount of power?
Old 07-20-2005, 05:48 AM

This **** just screams pipe dreams.....

You realize that you will have to fully build the block from head to toe and you probably won't do it yourself. I'm guessing this whole setup will cost you over $10,000....hahaha, sure go for it
Old 07-20-2005, 08:31 AM

Default yeah I realize it

that's why I'm asking which components are the best for me. cause I don't want to waste the money. And I'm still thinking on whether to buy a kit or to buy all the components separately. Cause buying them separately seems to be much cheaper. So basically that's why I'm writing here - cause I want to hear the opinion of people who are much more experienced in turbo setups then I'm