Notices

Has anyone here been scammed by Moto-C? (adf)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone here been scammed by Moto-C? (adf)

I ordered intercooler piping from these guys a month ago, and was told 2 weeks ago it had been shipped. Well, I havent seen the piping or heard from them since. I have tried contacting them with no success

I'm writing this here because there an H-T sponsor, and a lot of other guys are having problems with there orders as well.

It wouldnt be so bad, if I didnt have to push my car in and out of my shop everyday Who knows when I'll finally get piping. Anyone who has had bad relations with MOTO-C or ADF please respond Thanks
Old 08-18-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Has anyone here been scammed by Moto-C? (sc4dr)

I know its soon for a bump, but man am I pissed
Old 08-18-2006, 06:00 PM

Wow man. Hope you get your stuff soon. Anymore, now a days its like a 50/50 chance when buying from H-T. And thats sponsers, not just members
Old 08-18-2006, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Has anyone here been scammed by Moto-C? (Boosted B6teen)

I dont know about 50/50. I have had good success with everyone else on here. What sucks is that I had good relations with Moto-C up until 2 weeks ago. I ordered an exhaust pipe kit and recieved it in 3 days, and it fit great. So...... I dont know. shrug shoulders.

Sorry Joe Simpson for stringing you along on when I might be ready to tune
Old 08-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ouch... sorry.

ive been scammed before too and i know how it feels
Old 08-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im a local of moto-c and I too been waitin for my part that I ordered 2 months ago.Yeah I have left messages and even emailed them couple times and I visited the warehouse but no one is there or even responding back.Last I heard moto-c is out of town but that was 2 weeks ago.I been pretty patient with these guys too but Its starting to run out.Seriously I just want what I ordered then be on my way.Iam tired of the waiting game.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:28 PM

Default Re: (BoOsTeD C1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sc4dr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont know about 50/50. I have had good success with everyone else on here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I must just have bad luck then
Anyone know why all of the sudden he has stopped shipping stuff out?
Old 08-18-2006, 11:40 PM

I gave them a call abput my order on Tuesday, to see if it was on schedule and he assured my yeah, He also said they were getting a car ready for a track event, Maybe thats why its been hard to get a hold of them???

Old 08-19-2006, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (SohcPower)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SohcPower &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> He also said they were getting a car ready for a track event, Maybe thats why its been hard to get a hold of them???</TD></TR></TABLE>

They wouldn't have a car to get ready for a track event if it wasn't for their customers.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Blown90hatcH)

Yea, I ordered a clutch from them about a month ago and was getting a little worried because I tried calling them and wouldn't get a answer. I was told by him about a week after I ordered that it was back ordered (twin disc), so I called up Competition directly and they confirmed it was back ordered, but they don't deal with Moto-C. Turns out they deal with a reseller which he told me when I ordered, so I knew that, but when he told me that they were back ordered that it would be shipping directly. So I assumed directly from Competition. Finally they picked up and talked about it and it will be shipping directly from his reseller once they get it in stock. Chris H from Competition told me that they should ship out Thursday (8/24). So I'm assuming I should have it be Sept.

Now what gets me upset about Moto-C's practice, is when they advertise on Honda-Tech about a product, they should know the stock when someone places an order. (ie. my clutch) Now the IC pipes are a little different. Since they are made in house, I'm sure when you start a business, you can never really anticipate the amount of business and I'm sure he's just flooded with orders for those IC pipes since they are such a good price. Now that's not an excuse to say they are shipped when they didn't, and they should let you know of any long wait times. Just an example to show maybe how swamped they are, I also ordered a wastegate from them, and my card was declined because I went past my daily limit, and they never bothered to call or try to charge it again.

He was nice on the phone about my order and explained what's going on, so I hope everything turns out okay. I guess only time will tell.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:33 AM

Default Re: (nebulight)

Yeah, well i don't have time. I should send him a bill for having to push my car around everyday! Its only piping, which I could have bought from numerous places, but they assured me of the quality, and promptness. Now I'm stuck with no piping and a $315.00 bill I feel I'm being completely scammed because they told me my item was shipped 2 weeks ago, and now they wont respond
Old 08-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SohcPower &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I gave them a call abput my order on Tuesday, to see if it was on schedule and he assured my yeah, He also said they were getting a car ready for a track event, Maybe thats why its been hard to get a hold of them???</TD></TR></TABLE>

How the hell you get a hold of them?I been calling these guys everyday and it goes straight to their voice mail.There is a track event this weekend but still customers come first man.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:22 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoOsTeD C1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How the hell you get a hold of them?I been calling these guys everyday and it goes straight to their voice mail.There is a track event this weekend but still customers come first man.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol I have no idea, maybe they picked up by msitake lol?
Old 08-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Who did you speak with on the phone?
Old 08-19-2006, 10:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoOsTeD C1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who did you speak with on the phone?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I dont know his name, But he has an eg with h22 , and was making his own piping for a top mount mani, Almost same setup as me except I have a ek.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:32 PM

I believe if you cant supply enough product, accurate due dates should be given at the time of purchase. I know this kind of publicity is the last thing any business would want. If this company is going to be around for a while they should come on H-T and explain themselves, honesty is the best policy
Old 08-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sc4dr)

I agree. Anyone can get overwhelmed and I believe that most people are understanding if they come out and just say they are swamped and try to give them an accurate quote for time.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:59 PM

just found this at k20a.org

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17301

stick with the regulars man....alot of these new companies are just ***.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sc4dr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe if you cant supply enough product, accurate due dates should be given at the time of purchase. I know this kind of publicity is the last thing any business would want. If this company is going to be around for a while they should come on H-T and explain themselves, honesty is the best policy </TD></TR></TABLE>
I agree, Some response is better then nothing, not knowing if we are even gunna get our products. Apprently the BBB contacted them and also couldnt get a hold off anyone.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: (fled)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fled &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just found this at k20a.org

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17301

stick with the regulars man....alot of these new companies are just ***.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Damn, I dont feel so bad now, that dude got ripped

UP YOURS MOTO-C
Old 08-19-2006, 07:32 PM
i ♥ snails

Yeah seriously hell get such a bad rap that noone will buy from his sorry ***. It doesnt matter if there busy and they want pitty F*ck them its your job if someone orders something too send it out and get it done Period . None of this we were really busy or getting a track car ready. Thats nothing but BS if u cant ship out a product a customer orders dont sell stuff. Im soo tired of this stuff. I hope get a refund or ur product u ordred!
Old 08-20-2006, 06:45 AM

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

I'm glad to see I have support from you guys. I know its not a lot of money, but its the principal of it. There are a lot of guys being ripped off by Moto-C.....So keep posting!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sc4dr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm glad to see I have support from you guys. I know its not a lot of money, but its the principal of it. There are a lot of guys being ripped off by Moto-C.....So keep posting!</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's a lot of money for me. I ordered a twin disc clutch! He was nice on the phone everytime I talked to him...but still, that's over 1000 for me. I was cool until this thread!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nebulight)

Damn, really hope you guys get your stuff soon.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Re: (SovXietday)

Bump for eveyone who has been screwed by ad-fab/ Moto-C

Quick Reply: Has anyone here been scammed by Moto-C? (adf)