Notices

Has anyone gotten there car tuned at kingmotorsports

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone gotten there car tuned at kingmotorsports

I'm looking to get my turbo 99 integra gsr tuned by kingmotorsports. I hear good things about them just wanted to see what kind of number others have gotten there. Also how long is the average tune, a couple of hours.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone gotten there car tuned at kingmotorsports (sr_xaiko)

bump cause i'd like to know as well
Old 02-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Has anyone gotten there car tuned at kingmotorsports (sr_xaiko)

I've seen some tunes King Motorsports sent me. What I can tell you is they tune well. There are some specific things I look for that show experience and show that they take their time. It definitely reflected well on their abilities and this was back in March of '05 so I can only imagine they've gotten better since.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Has anyone gotten there car tuned at kingmotorsports (HRTuning)

Tim rocks at Hondata.

Hell they got 305 out of supercharged s2000 on 6psi
Old 02-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone gotten there car tuned at kingmotorsports (MidwestAutoWorks)

I talked to mike there today on the phone for a little over an hour and I must say that I was very pleased with the customer service I recieved on the phone. He was very very knowledgeable and was more then willing to talk to me about tons of stuff. He told me how things were and not just what I wanted to hear. He said that he has about 3 years of tuning experience and the other guy that tunes there has about 7 years. For a forced induction car there is a flat rate of $550. Anyways, take this for what it is or give them a call....but just from talking to him for an hour I definately know i'm gonna take my car there to be tuned.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Has anyone gotten there car tuned at kingmotorsports (SpoolnG2)

ive had alot of work done by king, no complaints...

Modified by b16chaos at 7:24 PM 2/26/2008
Old 02-26-2008, 04:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

?

Modified by MidwestAutoWorks at 8:55 AM 3/13/2008
Old 02-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolnG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He said that he has about 3 years of tuning experience and the other guy that tunes there has about 7 years.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Id say that's a slight exageration, but Mike is a really good guy...I trust him to do a good job. He doesn't half-*** things which is a good quality to have. Those guys are REALLY good with NA Cars.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone gotten there car tuned at kingmotorsports (Suprdave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suprdave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those guys are REALLY good with NA Cars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Very true
Old 02-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone gotten there car tuned at kingmotorsports (MidwestAutoWorks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidwestAutoWorks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That rate seems steep, means if it take 1 hour its 550, or if it takes 10 hours its 550.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if it takes an hour, thats because they are starting with another tune that they have a bunch of time into already. if it takes 10 hours there is probably additional problems that you would be billed for additionally.

i decided to add $ to our tuning when using a 5 bar map sensor and/or 1600cc injectors due to the extra time involved with those type of cars over your standard street car.

sometimes we get guys that come in with their cars that are running like death from their base map and are amazed that i can touch the laptop and in 30 seconds its running perfect.....they dont understand how much time i have into the tunes that i "start" with. i refuse to start with somebody elses tune, even if it looks acceptable.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:17 PM

thanks guys for all the feed back. Once everythings done i'll be going there.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 PM

ive been there before...i think thier prices are over sometimes...i dont plan on going there anymore. just my comment plus some of the guys there won't tell you everything.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:44 PM
overrated.

Default Re: (NA_B18C1)

Mikey @ Pro Function will be tuning my 12.1:1 CR integra. He's done countless turbo cars in Chicago, including the first and only turbo S2000 running KPRO in the midwest. Along with suprdave he's one of the best tuners in Chicagoland. If you're up for the drive to Burr Ridge, IL he's your best bet.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (OnePointFive)

I've seen a few Dyno threads by BearsEK in the ALL-MOTOR fourm. Looks very impressave.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

[It is actionable to make it appear that someone has said something that he has not.]

Modified by George Knighton at 9:17 AM 3/13/2008
Old 03-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone gotten there car tuned at kingmotorsports (Suprdave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suprdave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Id say that's a slight exageration, but Mike is a really good guy...I trust him to do a good job. He doesn't half-*** things which is a good quality to have. Those guys are REALLY good with NA Cars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks Dave I would agree about the exageration i think it has been a little over two years. Its nice to see that you are still a all motor guy deep deep deep down. Tell the boys HI and I will see you guys on the 20th of April hopefully.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidwestAutoWorks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That rate seems steep, means if it take 1 hour its 550, or if it takes 10 hours its 550.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't remember a time that a tune especially a turbo tune took an hour. We spend 3-5 hours on a full turbo tune with cam gear adjustment multiple levels of boost and all partial throttle tuning which is the most important part of a street car. Our pricing is for a car that hasn't ever been tuned by us,
$550 for a turbo tune
$450 N/A tune
and If we originally tuned it before and you made a change on the car the price is $150 per hour to fix it and rarely ever goes above that.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback guys
Old 03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
overrated.

Default Re: (MidwestAutoWorks)

Fixed</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you kidding me? Mikey is one of the worst tuners? Who the hell are you? all i've ever seen you do is talk **** about reputable midwest tuners, your opinion means nothing to anyone.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey midwestautoworks....instead of just changing one word in a statement someone else wrote, would you maybe care to explain your experiences and why you think and said that??
Old 03-12-2008, 04:25 AM
overrated.

Default Re: (SpoolnG2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolnG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey midwestautoworks....instead of just changing one word in a statement someone else wrote, would you maybe care to explain your experiences and why you think and said that??</TD></TR></TABLE>

all that toolbag ever does is bash Dave (and now apperently Mikey), and never really gives a CLEAR reason why. His opinion is worthless.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Does king only tune on S300 for turbo apps or do they do S200, Neptune?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (97_coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does king only tune on S300 for turbo apps or do they do S200, Neptune?</TD></TR></TABLE>

We prefer s300 for turbo applications but we can tune any Hondata for boosted cars, s100, s200 or s300. We do not tune neptune currently.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BearsEK-KMSU)

If I wouldnt be using any nice features like boost by gear or anything for a boosted stock B18C but still want a solid program that would have a very nice tune from you guys is S200 ok, or is there another reason why you prefer S300, thanks.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MidwestAutoWorks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidwestAutoWorks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Fixed</TD></TR></TABLE>

$5 says you still have my tune loaded in your AEM. Tool... If I'm so bad how come you were begging for your dyno chart so you could brag online about how much power I made to everyone? Trying to discredit my tuning is such a joke, especially when I've tuned more Hondas in the area over the YEARS than probably everyone else put together. How many honda guys have you helped out?? My record and reputation speaks for itself, which is why I haven't paid any of your whiny hatin' any attention until now. People like you make people like me become alot more picky about who they deal with. You talk **** about everyone...hell, you talked **** about Mike and King Motorsports while I was dynoing your car. You really need to work on being a more positive person, all this stress and anxiety is going to take years off of your life. Repeat after me....It's only a car.

Ever wonder why noone wanted to touch your S2000 after I did?

I'll give you alittle hint, it has nothing to do with the car...
Old 03-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BearsEK-KMSU)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BearsEK-KMSU &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We do not tune neptune currently.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hopefully that changes.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Suprdave)

hey Dave, how often do you come back to The Whip Factory to tune?

Quick Reply: Has anyone gotten there car tuned at kingmotorsports