Notices

Half radiator vs full size radiator

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 10:49 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Half radiator vs full size radiator

Originally Posted by sp00led
How are the PWR half sized compared to the fluidyne/koyo?
They seem to be VERY good from my limited experience with them.. About on par with the Koyo.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShodan
They seem to be VERY good from my limited experience with them.. About on par with the Koyo.
I've owned all of the above including cheaper Mishimoto, in my opinion the Koyo has been the nicest.

Shameless plug, I am parting out my setup now and have a nearly brand new Koyo half radiator with T1 Shroud and SPAL fan. This is the ideal setup in my opinion. Less than 500 miles on this setup.

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=3186295
Old 01-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here, I had all the above, and the Koyo ended up being the best. When I had the Integra USDM front-end, we fall into the same boat as the EG Civic guys with no front grill. Fans are as equally important as the radiator itself.

Seems like the Koyo has a really good core, and can shed a lot of heat with limited space. However, you must have a good fan on the Koyo, probably due to its denser fins.

I had a full size Fluidyne before, and due to packaging and my turbo setup, there was too little space behind the core. It ran hotter than a proper half-size Fluidyne equivalent (same core, half the size) when I switched over.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger
Same here, I had all the above, and the Koyo ended up being the best. When I had the Integra USDM front-end, we fall into the same boat as the EG Civic guys with no front grill. Fans are as equally important as the radiator itself.

Seems like the Koyo has a really good core, and can shed a lot of heat with limited space. However, you must have a good fan on the Koyo, probably due to its denser fins.

I had a full size Fluidyne before, and due to packaging and my turbo setup, there was too little space behind the core. It ran hotter than a proper half-size Fluidyne equivalent (same core, half the size) when I switched over.
Agreed. I use the koyo now half sized now with the JDM front end and Garrett core. Both the intercooler and radiator have a very high fin-density compared to some of the other companies.