Notices

Had my turbo rebuilt help sounds strange..

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 02:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had my turbo rebuilt help sounds strange..

Hey all my turbo was slightly leaking oil and burning it, causing whiteish / blueish smoke 2 come out of my exhaust, anyway the turbo was rebuilt, new thrust bearing and a few other things.. still the same shaft and wheels thow and sandblasted / cleaned.. anyway shes ment to be brand new, the play on the wheel is as stiff as anything, and the wheels spin smoothly back and forward.. problem is when I plug her up to my manifold.. and turn the car on..

The turbo spin’s up fine… the more u slowly increase the rev’s the more the wheel spins ( watching carefully with the exhaust / intake pieping off.

Anyway when you release the accelerator the turbo makes a scraping noise which I sware was’nt there before,, and dos’t sound healthy, I hav’t driven the car yet just played with the rev’s from the throttle cable in the engine bay, trying to work out the noise, which is very concerning. Iv checked oil is entering the turbo and its fine.. and its leaving also via the drain, iv only rev’ed the car to around 2500 – 3000 watching the wheel spin, but yea as soon as I let go of the throttle cable scrap scrap scrap it sounds like.. but I can’t see any vibration, and the wheels don’t seem to be hitting anything, as they slow down nicely.. its strange !!

Any idea’s what it could be.. Unless all turbo’s make that noise.. and im just being to “fussy”

Regards James