Notices

had a car fire, now i need advice...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2001, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default had a car fire, now i need advice...

Alright, I need some ideas as to what to do. I have my own but I'd like to hear what other people have to offer. My setup in a 93 si hatch is: stock b18b, t3t4, mp manifold, tial 35mm, spearco ic, hks aic and two additonal 720cc injectors, msd 6a, btm, and blaster coil. One of the teed fuel lines split and my engine bay caught on fire. I just recently had the car painted. Pretty much the only things left under the hood are the motor, turbo, wg, ic and piping. Everything else including the msd components, most of the wiring for the AIC, wiring harness, anything plastic obviously is toast. I have no comprehensive insurance so fire is not covered. So I've been thinking about what I can do at this point. Now if I was to stay with a fwd car, so far I have a motor, a turbo setup, skunkworks coils blown tokico blues and a sus. tech. 19mm rear sway bar along with some strut bars. I could sell my ww body kit, and greddy exhaust. At that point I would purchase a 92-95 cx, hondata 2b, some koni's, and do a custom 3 inch exhaust. OR, I cold scrap the whole honda project all together, sell everything, and get myself a rwd nissan 240sx. Either an s13 or 14. I'd like to do an sr20det project but at the same time, I dont want to maintain a motor that I can only get parts for directly from japan. However, I could turbocharge the KA motor but then again, if I turbocharge another non turbo motor, Id only do it right with engine management. Now that would be alot more loot, which i really dont have. So, given these choices what would you do? I know this post is does not belong in this forum but I want to hear from the turbo guys.
Old 10-01-2001, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: had a car fire, now i need advice... (turboeg)

I would just fix the stuff that broke and keep the car It will all be ok
Old 10-02-2001, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Put something like SDS or Haltech on it so that way you dont need a new wiring harness. You'll just have to do the wiring for headlights and stuff like that.
Old 10-02-2001, 11:32 AM
Banned

sorry to hear what happened.....if i were u id just rebuild..nothing better than a fast car