Notices

h22 prelude turbo 93 wont start please read and help

Old 08-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 h22 prelude turbo 93 wont start please read and help

okay before we get started i just wanted to say i already google every thing and tried all the sollutions. now im here okay.

i have93 si
i brought that had an h22a already swap and at the time it was all motor. now i added turbo. now when i got the car i knew i had ben boosted becasue it had air fuel no power steering no ac and it was aftermarket fuel pump. i drove it from time to time so i know the engine is good.

now it sat for over a year and i took the motor out put cometic hg on and also cleaned it up. now i drop the motor back in. hooked everyting back up. and bam i hear the fuel pump purr or pime buzz what ever. just to make sure i was geting fuel i pulled the injectors and my girl turned the car and gas shot out it was pretty funny. i check for spark and got good spark. now the was was turning and turning but would not fire up. so it was break time i went in the house and went to sleep for hours then i went back and tried to turn it and click. then tried it again and the click was not as loud. at the time when the motoer was turning i know it had compression.but now it just wont turn just click. also i took off the valve cover and no oil in the or on the head should it oil even though the car wont start and at the time the motor was turning shouldn,t have oil.

i tried the main realay thing i have plenty i pulled from preludes at the junk yard.
i tried the hitting starter thing nothing
also i check all the fuses with a test light all fuses are great

i just dont know what to do

everything was okay but when i woke up from my nap nothing is happing

i will also post in prelude fourm i will keep you posted

thanks guys in advnce your the best
Old 08-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 prelude turbo 93 wont start please read and help

okay quick update i went outside and checked everything again i jump the started and nothing so i am going to go to the junk yard tomorrow and see if any ludes are out and get one from an h23 5 speed hope this works and also i am gonig to grab a external coil while im at it

check you guys out later going to sleep
Old 08-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay update i went to the junkyard today pulled a starter off an h23 installed the starter and i got a fast rapid clicking sound so this one is bad i tried to jumpboth starters nothingthe h23 no loud click the other nothing so i am just gonig to buy a new one. damn how could a starter fo rbad that fast if that is my issue
Old 08-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay i got the new starter and pop it in and no click no turn just silence im stomped now. where do i go from here now?
Old 08-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey whats up man okay i check my fuses before all worked and now i check the ones inside the car again and the starter signal fuse and nothing no power i check it with a check light nothing nothing nothing now i drove the car when i brought it once just to get it home. and the other day i check the fuses and i was 5 when it should be 7.5 and so i took the 7.5 out my cruise control and put it in the starter signal fuse spot and check the voltage and nothing! that tells me its somethhing way deeper like WIRE TIME. any advice or tips on this? and the gas in that car has been sitting for year and some months dec will be 2 years so pretty sure the gas may be done also.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

umm, your battery is dead. just buy a new effing battery. drain the old gas and put new gas.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mikey3000
umm, your battery is dead. just buy a new effing battery. drain the old gas and put new gas.
sorry to let you down but i already got 2 new effing batteries because i thought the 1st one was dead so oppsssss not the battery. as far as the gas already drained it i will go to the junk yard and grab that fuse box and give it a try
Old 08-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay installed the fuse box same thing nothng at all
Old 08-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are your 2 grounds attached? one to the trans case and the one on the t-stat.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check grounds and timing.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: h22 prelude turbo 93 wont start please read and help

timing is on tdc everything seems okay with that. now check this out i hooked up another new battery and i got a really slow turn and i stop then by the valve cover where you ground it was smoking bad and the plastic around the wire was melting. that must mean bad ground duh. now my quesion is what are some good ground spots in the engine bay not to mention i forgot to say i relocated the battery. to the trunk o gauge wire power and ground.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay update time i moved all the ground wires in different spots. i have one from the tranny to the to headlight frame. i have a small wire from the valve cover to the driver side motor mount and i fat wire from the mount to the chassis of the car to the power steering line. then i re ground the wire in the trunk and bam the car is turning better now. i just need gas i think. so i will get started on that tomorrow. any body have any better spots for ground.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

still nothing i have 3 main relays all are good i put more gas in the car i have fuel spark and i brought new plugs nothing.