Notices

gurus...i need some advice please....need to order these parts already..dont know what to get

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gurus...i need some advice please....need to order these parts already..dont know what to get

whats up everyone...in about a month im going to be installing my xs-engineering turbo kit, with fuel system upgrade, on my 2001 gsr. as for as em..the kit comes with a 255 lph pump, 550cc injectors, an apexi power fc, harness, and the power fc commander. heres my situation...im going to buy the autometer bezel gauge holder.....for a few reasons that dont need to be gotten into...anyway...through the power fc commander i can pretty much monitor anything thats going on in the car...but obviously can't do that while im driving...so i need two gauges.....obviously im getting boost...but for the other slot...i need something that will help me prevent doing anything to the motor if something goes wrong...i.e. ill notice the meter and fix whatever needs to be fixed. oil pressure...oil temp...water temp...fuel pressure...egt....can someone help me? im not a n00b...this is just my first time turboing a car out...and i need to get something reliable...all help is greatly appreciated....sorry for the long *** thread
Old 02-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: gurus...i need some advice please....need to order these parts already..dont know what to get (y

You can either fabricate a holder or see if anyone makes a holder that will allow you to mount your handheld commander to somewhere on the dash. That way you can set it to monitor some of the other things like oil pressure, or whatever you want.

I dont remember if you can plug the PFC into your stock sensors or if you need to get Apexi sensors and senders to be able to monitor with the PFC though. Try contacting The Shodan on here and see if he can help. I believe he has a PFC in his car.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gurus...i need some advice please....need to order these parts already..dont know what to get (y

ok cool man...and what od yout hink of the other gauge?
Old 02-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either EGT, oil pressure, or a water temp gauge. Those would be my choice for the other slot on your gauge pod.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cool man...im going to be running either hks db meters or defi d gauge...dont see a need to spend the kind of money for electric gauges if i have the pfc commander