Notices

Gude Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gude Turbo

I'm a pretty frequent browser of this board and would just like to ask a quick question. I can't seem to find the answer to my question anywhere, (not even google!). So here it is...

Does anyone here have any experience with the Gude Turbo (www.gude.com) on there Tegs or any other car?

How loud is the Blow off Valve at 6psi with a Greddy Type-S BOV for example? From my understanding, the design of the Turbo "muffles" (Muffles, meaning the BOV does NOT blow air directly into the atmosphere directly) the BOV since it taps into the Intake (from my understanding, but I could be wrong here, please correct me if so). Sorry I don't have the Turbo model # on the Gude, but from my undersatnding the Vortech SuperCharger (Atleast on my buddys Cobra) does the samething, which the BOV bypasses through the Intake or something along that nature (He's using a Greddy Type-S BOV). It's not very loud, altho it's hard to tell with 600hp rumbling car not including the loud wistle sound the SC makes. But it seemed semi-loud on go.

I just want to make sure I'm NOT the only person that knows a turbo is under my hood if possible. - If not, no big deal. I should have my Gude Turbo kit on my FocusZX3 by Saturday, so I would like to know by then if I should even bother getting a Blow off Valve, or wait till I boost 10-15psi and then purchase one (I don't want to leak boost if it's not even loud enuff to notice the VWOOSH!).

Thanks for the help!

Regards,
James
damius (www.club-focus.net / http://www.focaljet.com)

[Modified by damius, 5:40 AM 5/31/2002]
Old 05-30-2002, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gude Turbo (damius)

to answer your question the greddy type s bov has an option to re-route the air back into the intake. if you want the loud sound, you simply unplug it so it vents into the atmosphere. and it wont be a wooooosh, it will be a high pitches whistle... psshhhhh