Notices

guages similar to blitz blm guages

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 05:49 AM
vod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guages similar to blitz blm guages

so I saw the blitz blm guages. they are really nice but expensive.
Are there any similar but cheaper?
Oh does anyone have pics of them installed?
Also what are a good set of cheap but reliable guages in case i decide the blm-type to be too rich for my blood? I was looking for egt, oil press. and boost.
And guages that go with a black interior in a black car.
Oh and if anyone has pics of guages in brackets instead of pillars that would be good too.
Thanks.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:39 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Ha Ha Gotta Again ;-)

If the Blitz BLMs are a little too expensive for you, there are a few altenatives. Note , however that quality costs money, and either way, the EGT gauge itself is a little steeper than the rest. Remember, pay once, get a good set, and never worry about it again... I know we all are on budgets because this is a damned expensive sport, but if you get TOO cheap, you could run into some issues.. With that being said:

1)Autometer Sport Comp & Ultralite series.
They are actually on the upper end of the Autometer guage spectrum.. Many complain about how "cheap" Autometer can get, especially with their Z series or Phantom line. But when you step up to the Sport Comp Black, Pro Comp Black, or Ultralite, you get nice clean looking guages that will last awhile. They also come 2 1/16th (52mm) so they fit in the standard A Piller pod, or the Dash cluster pod for a more relaxed look

2)Apex'i - They come in PSI and BAR and though they are 60mm, they come with their own brackets so that they can be mounted. EGT is rather expensive, but the rest are reasonably priced for the quality.

3)Greddy - Wonderful guages and are made in the same facilities as the DEFI in Japan, just with GREDDY/TRUST's signature housing. They come 52mm so that they can fit in the Autometer pods, but be warned that unless you don't mind reading in metric, they come standard in BAR for boost. Personally I'd get the black ones. The EGT probe comes w/ a crush washer to ensure accurante readings and the lines are braided for the EGT unlike a High-temp covering on the Autometer.

And of Course -- BLITZ...