Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

GSRTeg02's 2000 integra GS-R's planned turbo project: Suggestions are welcome

GSRTeg02's 2000 integra GS-R's planned turbo project: Suggestions are welcome

Old 04-11-2019, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSRTeg02's 2000 integra GS-R's planned turbo project: Suggestions are welcome

Hey guys, I finally got another integra and I'm going to pick it up tonight! It's a 2000 integra gsr with no engine/trans. My goals are first and foremost to build it right and by the right people. My hp goals are 350-400hp. I want to be able to drive this to work 2 to 3 times a week. I drive 50miles to work. The engine will be a b18c1 and I'm not sure which trans to go with. I am not going to just throw this build together. I am one that if skunk2 has the best cams for the setup I want, then that's what I'm gonna buy. I'm asking for yalls advise on what my setup should be to make this a reliable boosted car. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2019, 04:26 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: GSRTeg02's 2000 integra GS-R's planned turbo project: Suggestions are welcome

GSR transmission, CSS block, h-beam rods, forged pistons, Go-Autoworks SX500 kit, larger injectors and fuel pump, engine management of your choice, and a dyno session. Stock B18C1's can handle that power, but for reliability, I'd beef up the bottom end some, especially if planning to do this on pump gas.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:44 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: GSRTeg02's 2000 integra GS-R's planned turbo project: Suggestions are welcome

I agree with DaX, go with CSS if wanting to build for longevity, especially on pump gas, but it can be done without CSS as well. My GSR stock sleeve has 11,000 miles on it making 400whp with E85. I also drive it 50 miles round trip 2-3 times a week or more, weather permitting.

I might not recommend this unless you are able to keep an eye on things and make occasional adjustments on the tune yourself as needed. If you want to be able to "set it and forget it" then build more conservatively.

Don't forget a nice stage 4 or 5 clutch, too.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeh, I am the service manager at a Nissan dealership, so I have alot of help with guys that are also diehard jdm fans. I would like to run pump gas, so whatever I have to do for the longevity, I will do.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I’m running gsr engine too except I have
ls crank
ls eagle rods
9.0.1 Carrillo pistons
ferrea valves
ctr cams/ adjustable bwks gears
gsr tranny/ ACT 6 puck clutch w/ clutchmasters flywheel
1000cc Bosch Style injectors/ AEM fpr
255lph walbro fuel pump w/ relay
skunk2 manni
s300v3 hondata
60-1 Garrett turbo stage 3 63hotside .70coldside
hallman boost controller
Next weekend Friday I will put on the Dyno and aiming for 350-400whp too.

Last edited by TheShodan; 04-13-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:29 AM

Default Re: 2000 integra gsr build - need advise

Originally Posted by 2x0 View Post
I agree with DaX, go with CSS if wanting to build for longevity, especially on pump gas, but it can be done without CSS as well. My GSR stock sleeve has 11,000 miles on it making 400whp with E85. I also drive it 50 miles round trip 2-3 times a week or more, weather permitting.

I might not recommend this unless you are able to keep an eye on things and make occasional adjustments on the tune yourself as needed. If you want to be able to "set it and forget it" then build more conservatively.

Don't forget a nice stage 4 or 5 clutch, too.
Meh. For that power, pistons and rods will be fine. No need for the CSS unless going for over 500whp. Then I see it as a worthy investment if necessary.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSRTeg02's 2000 integra GS-R's planned turbo project: Suggestions are welcome

Yeah on e85 you can go 400whp on a 81.5 stock sleeve.
Maybe even higher if you measure ovalness and go 81.25mm
Old 04-12-2019, 11:32 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan View Post
Meh. For that power, pistons and rods will be fine. No need for the CSS unless going for over 500whp. Then I see it as a worthy investment if necessary.
So you would sign off on a 450whp stock sleeve commuter on pump gas?

Sounds like a time bomb to me.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:01 PM

Actually I would. (And have already, on my brother's CRX b16. )Been like that for about, oh..10 years now IIRC
Old 04-12-2019, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good oiling, proper maintenance, and good supporting mods along with a proper tune can definitely keep stock sleeves alive at that level. Especially on B16 and B18 with a reasonable bore size, and furthermore on a B16 that doesn't have as much side load on the cylinders as an 87 or 89mm stroke does with the rod ratio.

I'd personally advise OP to get a clutch with a heavier pressure pedal in lieu of an overly aggressive disc (for example, get a heavier pressure plate if that's an option instead of a 4 puck or 6 puck ceramic disk). In all likelihood some sort of combination between the two will be necessary, but the better you can plan that out the better the overall driveability of the car will be on the street.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSRTeg02's 2000 integra GS-R's planned turbo project: Suggestions are welcome

Originally Posted by DaX View Post
GSR transmission, CSS block, h-beam rods, forged pistons, Go-Autoworks SX500 kit, larger injectors and fuel pump, engine management of your choice, and a dyno session. Stock B18C1's can handle that power, but for reliability, I'd beef up the bottom end some, especially if planning to do this on pump gas.
That would be a solid combo. Use a piston w/ good compression. You could successfully do this problem free at that power level w/o the CSS...but if your budget allows then CSS away it. There's nothing wrong with "over building" the bottom end in this scenario if the time/budget easily allow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: