Notices

Gsr oil squirters and block ghirdle

Old 07-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gsr oil squirters and block ghirdle

I've been reading a lot about ls cranks in gsr blocks and about the oil squirters not fitting. Well people say that oil squirters are not needed for forged internals which i will have but some people say you should just bend the squirters because its better for DD. I'm gonna buy the golden eagle oil squirter removal kit if I dont need the oil squirters. This is my Daily Driven car and I do Drive A LOT.

Another question, I want to be revving to at least 9-9.5k depending on where my motor makes power up to but would the stock gsr ghirdle be strong enough to handle that on a daily basis? I can always get an after market 1. I already have ARP main studs.

Setup:
RS machine sleeved b18c1 block
micro polished ls crank
ls eagle rods
81.5mm arias 9:1 forged pistons
Golden eagle 81.5mm oem head gasket

b18c1 head
supertech dual valve springs (85lb)
supertech titanium retainers
supertech SS valves
stock keepers? (help me decide)
CTR intake cam
GSR exhaust cam
skunk2 IM

Right now I have a turbonetics t3t4 57 trim I think, I dont know the exact specs but it might be bigger. I'm planning on upgrading to a gt3082r or a gt35r in the near future as soon as I can save up for it. My goals are 350whp+ for 91oct DD and 500whp+ race gas track days. I may want more than 500 maybe 600+whp in the future thats why I'm planning on getting a gt35r unless the gt30r can handle that much power. Every1 always tells me and talks about how they always want more power after they reached their goal so most likely that will be me too

Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gsr oil squirters and block ghirdle

I did alot of research on the oil squirters. what ive come up with is unless your road racing and plan on having the engine really high in the revs for extended periods or time then oil squirters are not nessesary. they keep the piston cool and this is vital with cast pistons as they are weaker and thinner and hodna engines were designed to rev and stay in the high rpm range for extended periods.

With a turbo car generally people are drag racing which is shorts bursts of high rpm which is fine and are also running forged pistons/rods which are much stronger and thicker so heat isnt as much of an issue in the pistons,

I run my oil squirters in my gsr with ls rotating assembly and when the engine is cold at 1300-1500 rpm it vibrates in such a way that the squirters tap off the piston kirts and crankshaft. once it warms up thi sno longer happen. its really loud and dsuper annoying and i plan on removing my squirters.

if your going to run a b16 or type r trans and you do alot of driving then its a good idea to try and retain the squirters. IMO if you havent purchased the LS stuff yet and you want longevity and are really worried about the squirters being in th block then run the gsr crank and rods

gt30 will not reach the goals you have and the gt35r will be at its limits around 600whp range.
t3/t67ho ftw
Old 07-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I already have everything purchased just havent assembled it yet and Yes and I will be driving it a lot as its my only car. I drive about 50,000 miles a year or probly even more. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the squirters leave them on. If you dont then buy the block off's. Either way you'll be fine