Notices

Greddy vs Garrett

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy vs Garrett

Which is big or are they about the same size
The greddy turbot that comes in the Civic kit i believe it is a tdO4h-15g or a DSM t25
Old 10-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Greddy vs Garrett

there's like a million garrett turbos. which one are you speaking of in particular/
Old 10-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Um if u read my first post it says the greddy civic kit which uses a tdo4-15g I believe and the garrett dsm t25 from a talon or eclipes 2nd gen I believe
Old 10-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xile6
Um if u read my first post it says the greddy civic kit which uses a tdo4-15g I believe and the garrett dsm t25 from a talon or eclipes 2nd gen I believe
oh calm down now, i can hardly read your original post and I'm betting I'm not the only one so don't jump on someone because you suck at asking questions.

First off do yourself a favor:
-establish a whp goal
-establish a budget
-tell us what the whp goal and budget are
-tell us what motor you have

And then we can help you get something together.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:22 AM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

greddy is garbage.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by oneludesol
greddy is garbage.
Now that's just dumb to say. it works perfectly fine at doing what it was intended to do. That was to make a mild performance increase. 240ish whp is exceptable performance out of it.

The Greddy is a mitsu turbo stuffed in a Garrett style t25 based turbine housing. the t25 from the dsm uses the dsm specific compressor housing and turbine housings. Also the dsm turbo's will NOT fit on the Greddy manifold.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok I am calm
And it has nothing to do with my goals or what manifold I will be using or any of that.

I simple just wanted to know if one was bigger then the other or if they were the same size.
I heard somewhere that they are the same size, so they should spool around the same time.

@blinx9900
I already have my build planed out but like i said it has nothing to do with it just wanted to know the sizes of the turbos in comparison.
Its like if i asked which is big a t25 42/48 or a t3 50/63 the t3 would be. Thats what i was looking for.

Sorry if i made any mad or if my point didnt get through but i was just trying to find out which is the bigger turbo not better not cheaper, not last longer just big
Old 10-13-2009, 09:21 AM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Originally Posted by 91jdmhatchback
Now that's just dumb to say. it works perfectly fine at doing what it was intended to do. That was to make a mild performance increase. 240ish whp is exceptable performance out of it.

The Greddy is a mitsu turbo stuffed in a Garrett style t25 based turbine housing. the t25 from the dsm uses the dsm specific compressor housing and turbine housings. Also the dsm turbo's will NOT fit on the Greddy manifold.
A. I have yet to see a SOHC put out 240whp on a greddy turbo kit.
B. When something breaks, you are at their mercy because nothing else fits the manifold.
C. Everything, and I mean everything from Greddy that I have used for the past 8 years has either failed or come up short including td04h based sohc turbo kit, profec boost controller, and emanage. It is all JUNK.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:00 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

^^. Never had a problem with the Greddy/TRUST equipment in 12 years. Greddy and Garrett have different sizes for different applications. One is not necessarily "bigger" than the other in many regards. Xile6, you need to state some goals and power levels first, before we can be of any further help. Some Greddy turbos use all Mitsubishi parts, some are Garrett/Mitsu hybrids. It's not that cut and dry.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
^^. Never had a problem with the Greddy/TRUST equipment in 12 years. Greddy and Garrett have different sizes for different applications. One is not necessarily "bigger" than the other in many regards. Xile6, you need to state some goals and power levels first, before we can be of any further help. Some Greddy turbos use all Mitsubishi parts, some are Garrett/Mitsu hybrids. It's not that cut and dry.
Im looking for 170-180hp as of now.
I have a dsm t25 which i know will get me to my goals. It needs a rebuild really just oil seal.
I plan to install my setup by the end of the year.
What i was asking is if the 92-95 Civic Greddy turbo kit bigger/better/slower/faster/ then the Garrett/Mitsu DSM T25 turbo.

Because if the greddy turbo is a little bigger i will start off with that.

After i build the block and get another car i am going to be runinng a t3/t04E which i believe is a 57 trim 50/63

But if no know can answer me its cool i guess no one understands what im trying to say.

I guess the title should be "d16 Greddy turbo kit vs DSM t25 custom kit"
Old 10-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by oneludesol
A. I have yet to see a SOHC put out 240whp on a greddy turbo kit.
B. When something breaks, you are at their mercy because nothing else fits the manifold.
C. Everything, and I mean everything from Greddy that I have used for the past 8 years has either failed or come up short including td04h based sohc turbo kit, profec boost controller, and emanage. It is all JUNK.
Yeah, the greddy kit has made over 240whp. Go look on turbod16.com

Oh and t25/t28's fit the manifold just need a new downpipe.

k bye
Old 10-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Learn how to read compressor maps.
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...ch_center.html

/thread