Notices

greddy vs. edelbrock turbo kits

Old 11-29-2003, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy vs. edelbrock turbo kits

i am aware of both kits. having spoken to maurader and others. i wanted to know which parts were included/not included in the greddy kit. and does the greddy kit have a CARB OE for d16z6. my goal is to go either greddy or edelbrock and just up grade simple items from full-race.com (mainly full-race IC setup,piping). it seems like im answering my own question. but its early 545 in the morning hinv not slept in 2days.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:52 AM

Default Re: greddy vs. edelbrock turbo kits (snowboarderguy44)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by snowboarderguy44 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am aware of both kits. having spoken to maurader and others. i wanted to know which parts were included/not included in the greddy kit. and does the greddy kit have a CARB OE for d16z6. my goal is to go either greddy or edelbrock and just up grade simple items from full-race.com (mainly full-race IC setup,piping). it seems like im answering my own question. but its early 545 in the morning hinv not slept in 2days.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You do know that when u upgrade those so call "CARB" legal kits that it becomes illegal just like the drag 3, rev hard, etc. If you are going to spend all that money and still not pass emissions then you might as well buy a rev hard with a bigger turbo and better stuff the first time around. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:55 AM

Default Re: greddy vs. edelbrock turbo kits (snowboarderguy44)

You basically have 2 complete turbo kits. One kit, greddy, comes with turbo manifold, turbo, all hoses/lines, blue box fuel management, etc. Basically it's everything to get the turbo kit on your engine with ease. No intercooler, no bov, no intake manifold, does not come preassembled like the edelbrock, and you find one for $1500 or less versus the $3000-$3400 edelbrock turbo kit. Not sure about CARB approval.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: greddy vs. edelbrock turbo kits (Mr.DC2TurBo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.DC2TurBo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You do know that when u upgrade those so call "CARB" legal kits that it becomes illegal just like the drag 3, rev hard, etc. If you are going to spend all that money and still not pass emissions then you might as well buy a rev hard with a bigger turbo and better stuff the first time around. Just my 2 cents.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: greddy vs. edelbrock turbo kits (2point2)

If your going to upgrade the IC and pipes, then why would you buy the Edelbrock kit in the first place? Just resell the IC and pipes that come in that kit of something? Would seem like a waste.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

considering how cheap the greddy kit is. that seems like a better deal to go with. since i cud upgrade to a full-race IC setup with less piping than most kits. and *** it buy a rebuilt T3 and boost more HP and claim you have the 'regular' greddy kit
Old 12-02-2003, 11:29 PM

why not get your car inspected....install a piece together kit drive around with it for the 2 years...a week before you need to get inspected take off the kit, go get inspected...come home and re-install it. ORRRRR just find a place that does inspections and will pass you if you give them a $50 bill.

I guess my last suggestion is buy the greddy kit...upgrade to an FMIC, bigger injectors, and so on. drive like that...when you go to get inspected take off the fmic, install the 310cc injectors the greddy kit comes with and use the blue box and go through inspection that way. there are a ton of ways to go around it...its up to you what you want to do