Notices

Greddy Turbo vs other turbo brands

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Turbo vs other turbo brands

im gonna turbo my car but im having a hard time deciding which turbo kit to buy.. ive been looking at Greddy.. so far ive heard good things about it.. is there another brand that could be better than greddy? i got a 00 civic si
Old 01-24-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Greddy Turbo vs other turbo brands (andysila)

The only good thing about greddy turbo kits that it has a carb sticker. But if ur gonna go all out Full-race is the best way to go plus is the most complete and most powerful turbo kit in the market
Old 01-24-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Greddy Turbo vs other turbo brands (DC2 BOOST)

Build your own turbo kit.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Greddy Turbo vs other turbo brands (beerbongskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Build your own turbo kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. I have a Greddy kit. It's enough for some people, but most always end up wanting more, as do I.

To the other guy...Full Race makes nice stuff if you want to build a 600whp race car. What would possess you to recommend Full Race to someone considering a Greddy kit? Think about it.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

building your own is better, if you have the time. depending on how much power you want, you can take this into consideration when peicing a kit together. greddy does have a quality kit tho.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h22boy)

i have considered piecing together a kit for myself, but then i always run into this question when thinking about it, where do i get the gaskets? how do i know their the right size? and i dont have any means of making my own downpipe or really getting one made for that matter, so how would i go about the downpipe situation, is there anyone who can make them if i tell them my turbo, manifold, and car? sorry to steal the thread, but i figured since so many people posted this as an option, i would post what i thought. also do you guys buy all of your bolts, and nuts from like loew's or home depot? what grade bolts do you get? and when looking to get gaskets, where do you need gaskets in between? the block and the manifold, the manifold and the turbo, the wastegate and the manifold, the turbo and the downpipe? is that it? the main thing i am worried about is the downpipe situation.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the fitment of the piping and everything fits really good, but i would go custom kit, you get wat you want in the kit
Old 01-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PrettyLude)

full race does make some VERY nice products...but going about calling them the most complete turbo kit manufacturers is a total pile of craplog

btw, this reply is only about pre-designed KITS
ok...so its got a backdoor intercooler, piping, 3" cat, t3t04e turbo, great manifold, bov and wastegate...but yet it is not complete...
complete turbo kit would be one that has fuel management included, not a fmu, but fuel management
for instance, the greddy kit has the bluebox, injectors, and all...but many people complain about it

honestly, the most complete kit, meaning including EVERYTHING, on the market is the kit i just purchased, the kit by xs-engineering. in no way am i saying this because i bought it...but after doing much research on a completely bolt on, reliable, high quality kit, this is the route i went.

maybe i could have saved money pieceing together...but the question was about a kit.

in my mind...i think of it as the greddy kit with a little more power...and with some nice upgrades
Old 01-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what options did you get with the xs kit? i know they have a steep price tag for the kit, but i find the money you spent on that kit, you can piece a kit together with just as much stuff if not better
Old 01-24-2005, 09:53 PM
New User

Default Re: Greddy Turbo vs other turbo brands (andysila)

andysila:

There are a few turbo kits on the market for your car, including Greddy, Drag, Revhard, Turbonetics/FMAX, etc. They all have their strengths and weaknesses in some cases. They are all, however, nice kits in my opinion.

The Turbonetics kit for that car is very cool. I've seen it, driven it, even packaged it to get shipped out to people.

-BTW, for those with past experience with turbo kit problems and Turbonetics, I can honestly say the wait is over. We have a manager that used to only be in charge of turbos, but has recently stepped in and taken over turbo kit/intercooler management. Lead times have dropped tremendously, (down to 2-4 weeks in most cases, and in some cases they're in stock). Quality checking each kit is much more stringent now. I rarely get any complaints anymore about turbo kits missing components, etc. We have new sets of instructions for the Civic/Acura and Accord/Prelude kits that are much more helpful now. I am pretty confident that the Turbonetics kit will be the most complete kit you can find at this moment.

Back to the kit, the turbo is a BB t3/t4b superV trim stage II .48. What's cool is that it's sized properly for that engine at the boost level you'll be at (8.5 psi). You won't get a lot of excessive lag, and will make a super fun street or track car. If you wanted to build the engine, run a better fuel system and run higher boost, you could even order the kit with a custom turbo size. I'll help you with that if you want to give me a call - 805-581-6722.

Or check with some of our distributors, namely Turbokits.com. I talk to Jesse every day, and we've gone a long way with each other in improving the turbo kit situation. His number is 860-735-6519. The part # for the kit that fits the 00 civic si with b16a is a 15116.

HTH,

Ryan
Turbonetics, Inc.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PrettyLude)

i got the complete kit with the fuel system upgrade...apexi poer fc, 550cc injectors, 255 lph fuel pump...yes the price was "steep" but as opposed of the time that needs to be taken into consideration on piecing together my own kit...i am 100% happy with my purchase. they are really great over there at xs. plus....all the components are researched and developed to work together perfectly

my 2 cents
Old 01-25-2005, 05:25 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: (yehiknowrite)

It totally agree with the XS-Engineering when it comes to the COMPLETE kit issue. I've used several of them, and for their particular design, which is for street use, and not just high peak power, I'd chose that over the FULL-RACE any day. But again, because of its specific purpose..
Old 01-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yehiknowrite &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">full race does make some VERY nice products...but going about calling them the most complete turbo kit manufacturers is a total pile of craplog

btw, this reply is only about pre-designed KITS
ok...so its got a backdoor intercooler, piping, 3" cat, t3t04e turbo, great manifold, bov and wastegate...but yet it is not complete...
complete turbo kit would be one that has fuel management included, not a fmu, but fuel management
for instance, the greddy kit has the bluebox, injectors, and all...but many people complain about it

honestly, the most complete kit, meaning including EVERYTHING, on the market is the kit i just purchased, the kit by xs-engineering. in no way am i saying this because i bought it...but after doing much research on a completely bolt on, reliable, high quality kit, this is the route i went.

maybe i could have saved money pieceing together...but the question was about a kit.

in my mind...i think of it as the greddy kit with a little more power...and with some nice upgrades</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can buy all that stuff from full-race to, the injectors/fuel pump/ecu. they offer everything you need, they just dont include it in their "turbo kit" and they diffently engineered all of their stuff to work together to. and plus, they have kickass customer service