Notices

greddy turbo vs jackson supercharger?????

Old 06-26-2001, 04:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default greddy turbo vs jackson supercharger?????

i'm running the greddy turbo kit right now @ 6.5 lbs of boost and i'm using a dsm intercooler, how would the supercharger compare power wise??? it has about the same boost would it be more driveable (more torque)? which would be better for road racing?? i was thinking of going supercharged instead of turbo (i know i'm gonna hear it on this) any thoughts????? how are supercharged d-series???? i've seen a few run decent times 11's i think was the best i have seen (supercharged delsol w/ nos on a d-series).
Old 06-26-2001, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: greddy turbo vs jackson supercharger????? (sohc_boy)

You'll have more torque off the start, because the supercharger works all of the way through, opposed to the turbo having to spool up. But, overall, the turbo is far more better than the jackson. You have the option to always boosting more and more as you build your motor up. As for the supercharger, the 6lb. pulley is alright, but, you'll notice the most power out of it if you were to upgrade it to at least an 8-10lb pulley. But, again, which ever you chose, you're going to have to build your motor to withstand that power. Good luck.
Old 07-02-2001, 01:02 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: greddy turbo vs jackson supercharger????? (sohc_boy)

i am a big fan of the d series blower by jackson! my friend has a delsol w/ one at 6psi. Great ride! but.....
jrsc use power to make power...............its like running a/c times three!(you lose like 7hp)
you got your turbo IC'd so you are pretty much set. What trim does the greddy sohc turbo come w/ and what does it spool at? It will help alot in giving the best advice i can.