Old 11-17-2001, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car

Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car
Old 11-17-2001, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (Integra187)

Either kit is reliable, all comes down to how well you set it up.
Old 11-17-2001, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (VTC_CiViC)

If you want it daily driven, and you want it reliable, then Greddy is probably a more likely choice. It seems like Drag kits have a much larger capacity for upgrade, and eventually make full race.
Old 11-17-2001, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (Reverend)

Drag is perfect for daily driving. Drive it like stock when you want and when you really gotta accelerate you do it w/ authority. The greddy is just too small for my taste...takes all kinds though.
Old 11-17-2001, 09:34 PM
BoM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (Etylorcen)

daily = greddy u have practically no lag on that
Old 11-18-2001, 09:31 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (BoM)

both.....it depends on how safely you set them up and what your looking for

power - drag

some more pep for driving around town - greddy
Old 11-18-2001, 10:31 AM
Banned

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (Etylorcen)

The greddy is just too small for my taste...takes all kinds though.
i take it you've never actually driven in a greddy turbo car.
Old 11-19-2001, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (immortal)

Actually I have...I've driving it in its legal and illegal trim. In its legal trim it plainly sucks. It definately doesnt feel like it that much faster. W/ the ic and bov, it was niec with the quick spool but when you start getting closer to redline you really feel the power dip off compared to my drag b18b where it feels like it wants to pull way past redline and keep making power. Just my opinion tho...
Old 11-19-2001, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it was niec with the quick spool but when you start getting closer to redline you really feel the power dip off
Yep, sounds like my GReddy alright...
Old 11-19-2001, 07:10 PM
New User

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (VTC_CiViC)

Same thing for mine, but fure sure t'here's something to do to cure that. Bigger downpipe and exhaust, And don't forget to remove the stupid airflow restrictor plate!!!
Old 11-20-2001, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (meanteg)

you are correct. today 3" from the turbo to the tailpipe. NICE DIFFERENCE!!!
DO IT!
Old 11-21-2001, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (meanteg)

Airflow restrictor plate???
Old 11-21-2001, 08:00 AM
New User

I like my Greddy for the canyon driving style I love so much. I'm not too much into drag racing, or in-line acceleration nearly as much as the twisties. The Greddy already has some lag, and if there were to be even more lag as with a larger turbo, I'd be pretty unhappy. It all depends on your driving style!
Old 11-21-2001, 09:47 AM
Texas B*tch!

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (PyroVTEC)

Whoever has whichever kit is going to vote and support that one, so blah.
Old 11-21-2001, 11:36 AM
New User

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (ForcedAccord)

Yes, the restrictor plate that Greddy installs just after the air filter to make it carb legal. The tubing is 3 inches, ant the hole in the plate is 1" 7/8.
Old 11-21-2001, 12:17 PM
New User

It's carb legal due to the internal wastegate that doesn't dump the exhaust gas right out into the atmostphere, it goes through the cat first.

IMO, I love my Greddy. You don't have to wait a month for the turbo to spool. You race a car with a Drag III kit and if they pick the wrong gear and the turbo doesn't spool fast enough, they're screwed. And not that many races are a top speed run. Thank God because Drag says not to use their kit for top speed runs. I remember one person doing that and his motor blew. <---yes on the factory set boost lvl. No thanks. Also, when was the last time you heard something going wrong with someone that has the Greddy kit. I can't think of one. I am not saying that no one has had problems but there are a lot more with the Drag kit, A LOT MORE.

[Modified by 00 Si, 4:18 PM 11/21/2001]

[Modified by 00 Si, 4:22 PM 11/21/2001]
Old 11-21-2001, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (Integra187)

anyone know when the greddy kit is suppose to come out for the ls?

[Modified by Integra187, 10:50 PM 11/21/2001]
Old 11-21-2001, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (00 Si)

quote-"Also, when was the last time you heard something going wrong with someone that has the Greddy kit. I can't think of one. I am not saying that no one has had problems but there are a lot more with the Drag kit, A LOT MORE."

Not to try to make you look wrong or anything, but there are three or four people over at clubsi who just ble their motors with the greddy kit.

[Modified by CleanSi, 1:58 AM 11/22/2001]
Old 11-21-2001, 07:15 PM
New User

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (CleanSi)

I am sure that wasn't running factory boost. I have seen people motors blow running factory boost on the Drag kit several, several, did I say several, several times.
Old 11-22-2001, 07:02 AM

they put a restrictor plate in the intake tube because they were having problems with boost spike on the non-intercooled kit. if you have an intercooler it is completely safe to remove it...i had to recalibrate my boost controller because it spools way faster and was making a least another pound of boost.its fastened on by three small spot welds... you can cut/pry it off, sand it down...you're in business!!!
Old 11-22-2001, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (downpipe)

Greddy kit is supposed to be ready for sale by the end of the year. Its all ready made and everything I guess but theyre just workin out a couple "bugs" I talked to one of the head guys of Greddy at their booth at SEMA, and thats the info he gave me. Said power gains should be close to that of the Si.
Old 11-24-2001, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (ImprtTunr)

It is funny because everybody talks about how greddy SHOULD be more reliable, but in the real world my friend with a Greddy kit blew his motor months ago with the Greddy kit, however, my drag kit seems fine months later.....

Old 11-24-2001, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (TurboIntegra)

you can't say "my friend this and my friend that". if you really want to look at statistics, you need LARGE NUMBERS. the larger the pool of data, the more accurate the picture you get. you also need CONTROLLED CONDITIONS. anyone can blow a motor with any setup. if you don't know exactly why, its meaningless. there could be any number of factors which cause motors to blow which have nothing to do with either kit. so unless someone wants to do a REAL study...
Old 11-24-2001, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (downpipe)

ANYONE OF THEM CAN BLOW!
neither is more reliable than the other.
anyone can mess things up.
ive heard people blowing motors on both!!
Old 11-24-2001, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car (SiRkid)

i did my greddy gsr turbo kit on a b18c5 engine w type 31 cooler ,run perfect at 8 psi timing 15 deg

Quick Reply: Greddy turbo kit or drag III kit for a daily driven realible car