Notices

the greddy sohc saga continues

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the greddy sohc saga continues

hey guys.. ive been doing some research.. ive got around 5200 to spend.. i was thinking gsr with a vortec sc which my friend is selling for 2200.. or just boosting my now d16z6.. i saw the new turbos from greddy.. the tz series.. so i emailed greddy to see what the deal was.. to see if the sohc kit could be upgraded... i was told i could just buy a boost controler,injectors and upgrade my e manage for more boost..
i was almost sure (i could be wrong) that u cant really control the boost on their kits..other then the 6 to 8 psi you get stock..i could be a retard..heres the e mail

Thank you for your interest in GReddy
All you need to do is get a boost controller and up the boost or have your Emanage re tuned . the turbo that your kit came with will handle 12-14 PSI no problem and will spool up faster .than going with a bigger turbo and spemding money that you dont need to .only do this if your motor has all that you said .

are any of you guys running higher boost on your greddy kits??
what did you do when you upgraded??

i was thinking of tossing the e manage and going to go get a neptune program..in a stripped hatch low/mid 13s on slics would be fine with me.. or should i just say f*** it and go big..even though i dont really want too..

ideas and opinions please

thanks
Old 04-17-2006, 05:00 PM
wrenchin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: the greddy sohc saga continues (hatr-aid)

piece together a turbo kit, build a spare Z6 so when you blow up the stock Z6 you can swap in the built motor. DONT use a greddy kit or the e-manage. its junk. uber/crome is much better/cheaper.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: the greddy sohc saga continues (I Have an STD)

i was going to go neptune no matter what..id rather pay jeff the 600 to do it right the first time..gooberdata and crome ive seen many decent set ups die from these programs..1 didnt make it off the dyno..
Old 04-18-2006, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crome is one of the better programs out there. Don't blame failures on the program, blame it on the tuner or engine builder. There are quite a few fast *** cars out there running Crome for engine management. I have ran it on my last two hondas without a hiccup in performance.