Notices

Greddy Profec Type-S...21 psi boost spike

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Profec Type-S...21 psi boost spike

So basically I replaced my manual Turbo XS for this unit. I had a shop install the controller. So im reading up on how to set it up and I set the gain to 3 clicks from MIN and LO boost at 3 clicks. Made a run and it hit 1.5 bar at the Greddy boost gauge holy ****!

So I set the GAIN to MIN and LO boost to MIN, make another run and samething. Something is def wrong as this is the lowest setting and it should be at 7psi from the wastegate. Any ideas on what it might be? Im thinkin they installed the valve wrong.

Oh yea and another thing is when it hit 1.5 bar the check engine light came on for a split second and the car just suddently stopped accelrating. Like the throttle pushed my foot off of it and I had to put it back on. Anyone knows if Hondata has some safeguard for high boost or something this is what i am thinking?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your hondata must have its boost cut enabled which is a blessing huh!

i know on my profec B spec 1 there are dipswitches on the back which need to be re positioned per the manual if it is overboosting.

make sure the black box is plugged! i drove around for an hour just like that and then realized i never plugged in the box!
Old 12-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

Ill have to check that out. I read through the FAQ and it says if the boost keeps increasing check the valve. I dont think there are any switches on the back of the head unit but ill double check. Im gonna call the shop tomorrow and ask them wtf they did.

Yes thank god for the boost cut. So thats what that was. Im pretty sure the motor would be shot without that. Do 21psi for a couple seconds have any long term effects on a built motor? Ive only tuned it up to 14psi.

Oh yea and what is a GMAP sensor?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Luchini)

Goto the greddy site (or if you have the manual) and check the vaccum lines. Make sure they used the correct ports on the solenoid, that its plugged in, that vac lines goto the black box etc... Make sure the setup for the solenoid is what is required for your WG.... that changes depending on External or Internals.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (splitime)

Im pretty sure its an external wastegate. ill check it out tomorrow as its too dark outside now. ill keep you guys updated.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luchini &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im pretty sure its an external wastegate. ill check it out tomorrow as its too dark outside now. ill keep you guys updated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hehe, no offense... but if you don't know if you have an external or internal WG... are you sure you want to be fiddling with your controller?

Seriously though, take note of where EVERY vacuum line goes that touches the WG, the solenoid, the turbo, the controller etc.... that'll help figure this out.

edit: drag 3.... should be external... so its a dual port setup and the solenoid is probably setup wrong. Either wrong ports, or something. It sounds like the top of the WG is seeing boost all the time, instead of the controller/solenoid regulating it to control boost.

Get back to us on the vaccum lines.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (splitime)

Yea im still a newb when it comes to turbos ill admit it but im learning! ill check the vacuum lines before I leave for the shop. Splitme ill pass on what you said to the techs there and hopefully they can fix it if not ill be very pissed.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luchini &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea im still a newb when it comes to turbos ill admit it but im learning! ill check the vacuum lines before I leave for the shop. Splitme ill pass on what you said to the techs there and hopefully they can fix it if not ill be very pissed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Newb's and turbo dont normally go to well together, be very careful, or just take it back to the shop and have them dial in the settings, what shop doesnt do that on a EBC install...
Old 12-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fastrunner)

Im pretty confident I know enough that I can dial it in as long as its hooked up correctly. But yea im a take it back and have them look at it and hopefully its something you guys mentioned here.