Notices

greddy kit for a d16y8 into a y7

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy kit for a d16y8 into a y7

like the title says...what mods will i have to do to make this work...i know i would have to mod the piping for the intake to fit the y7 manifold...(unless i got a y8 manifold)...but other than that, will everything bolt on?...the emanage, the injectors, etc.?...thanks for the help
Old 02-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: greddy kit for a d16y8 into a y7 (alacard)

up. i could really use the help
Old 02-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: greddy kit for a d16y8 into a y7 (alacard)

the charge pipe is the only thing you should have to modify.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so the injectors will bolt on?
Old 02-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alacard)

yep
Old 02-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Laughing Man)

i ran a 1992-1995 kit on my y7 just cut the piping or add, i would go with a y8 manifold the y7 is going to hold you back
Old 02-08-2006, 06:32 PM

Default Re: (Quad-Damage)

when you read the manual for the E-manage, they talk about switching some switches inside the E-manage, and you wouldn't switch the switch for Vtec, the manual should explain all that, but just so you know
Old 02-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Quad-Damage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i ran a 1992-1995 kit on my y7 just cut the piping or add, i would go with a y8 manifold the y7 is going to hold you back</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i know it will...eventually i would, but i kinda just want to get a kit in.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19t EX coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when you read the manual for the E-manage, they talk about switching some switches inside the E-manage, and you wouldn't switch the switch for Vtec, the manual should explain all that, but just so you know </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the info...do you have the 19t kit?...if so how is it?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (fagger)

yeah just get a y8 mani man..

the y7 mani really really sucks *****
you'll thank urself later on
Old 02-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fagger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fagger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Greddy kit's only fit Mazdas</TD></TR></TABLE>

hopefully that was a joke

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah just get a y8 mani man..

you'll thank urself later on</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah...i will definately look around before i put the turbo on
Old 02-08-2006, 09:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hopefully that was a joke

yeah...i will definately look around before i put the turbo on</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah just get a y8 mani man..

you'll thank urself later on</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah i know it will...eventually i would, but i kinda just want to get a kit in.

thanks for the info...do you have the 19t kit?...if so how is it?</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19t EX coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when you read the manual for the E-manage, they talk about switching some switches inside the E-manage, and you wouldn't switch the switch for Vtec, the manual should explain all that, but just so you know </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19t EX coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when you read the manual for the E-manage, they talk about switching some switches inside the E-manage, and you wouldn't switch the switch for Vtec, the manual should explain all that, but just so you know </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i ran a 1992-1995 kit on my y7 just cut the piping or add, i would go with a y8 manifold the y7 is going to hold you back</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so the injectors will bolt on?</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Laughing Man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the charge pipe is the only thing you should have to modify.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">like the title says...what mods will i have to do to make this work...i know i would have to mod the piping for the intake to fit the y7 manifold...(unless i got a y8 manifold)...but other than that, will everything bolt on?...the emanage, the injectors, etc.?...thanks for the help</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-15-2006, 03:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
thanks for the info...do you have the 19t kit?...if so how is it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's fine for a daily driver to school and back, spool is quick, but it doesn't drop off like most people say it does in the upper rpms... I'm running 8psi though
Old 02-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: (19t EX coupe)

PMed you
Old 02-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (19t EX coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19t EX coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's fine for a daily driver to school and back, spool is quick, but it doesn't drop off like most people say it does in the upper rpms... I'm running 8psi though </TD></TR></TABLE>

hmmm, thats good....i know i'll probably be called a stupid no0b kid for asking this...but what kinds of cars can you beat easily?...im just curious as to how fast my car will be compared to most cars out there. (ive never built up a car before)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">PMed you </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-19-2006, 07:46 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmmm, thats good....i know i'll probably be called a stupid no0b kid for asking this...but what kinds of cars can you beat easily?...im just curious as to how fast my car will be compared to most cars out there. (ive never built up a car before)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't really raced anybody yet, cause the car isn't ready for that kinda beating yet. I'm getting a valve adjustment the 27th along with T-Belt and Water Pump, and then I'll start hunting lol