Notices

Greddy Evo2, Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Evo2, Turbo?

I was just wondering if the EVO2 is compatible for turbo? I heard piping was inbetween 2" - 2,5".
Old 02-27-2012, 10:00 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Greddy Evo2, Turbo?

Compatible is not the word. Restrictive? Possibly. I can see you are not looking at other people's builds.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah you're right, im not checking out other people's build. I am doing things step by step xd

Soz if compatible is not the word, i aint no english/american dude. I meant like will the greddy evo2 be 'cool' with an turbo? =P
Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 AM
The Grumpiest

Don't know. You haven't given detail ONE about the turbo build so who the hell knows if the amount of power you're planning on making will even be an issue.

And word of advice. You should look at other people builds because you want to see how one is done correctly.

But what do I know right? I'm just a guy that is at where you want to be.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ahh, i apologize then. Didnt know it was neccesary to mention what hp i'll be running xd Well approx 250-320whp (Havent even ever driven a car, so these number are just kinda from what ive seen from youtube etc)

This might be a weird question haha, but why do you want me to look out other people's build? Is that to know what part i should be getting.. Or for the exhaust info?\

thx 4 the replies though
Old 02-27-2012, 10:29 AM
The Grumpiest

Why do I want you to look at other successful builds? I don't know. Do you think you're discovering anything new that everyone else hasn't? Do you think you're the Christopher Columbus of turbo builds? Why would you not want to emulate a build that can get you the goals you're looking for? Maybe it's crazy talk to you but it makes sense to most people.

At this stage of the game there is absolutely NOTHING you can think of that someone else hasn't thought of or successfully accomplished. If someone else has already made the mistakes you're about to and you can avoid them why would you NOT take advantage of that? My guess? You're trying to be different.

So if you want to behave like an adolescent and think that you know everything and need to make the mistakes on your own then so be it.

From the questions that you're asking I can tell that you don't have a clue what it is you're doing. Planning the exhaust before the actual turbo build? Fail.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Grumble, i know where youre coming from.. but eh, what makes you say;

'So if you want to behave like an adolescent and think that you know everything and need to make the mistakes on your own then so be it.'

I never said i know anything better then anyone else lol, why do you think i am doing this much research and making topics about thigns i do not understand 100% ;p

But seriously, why is it wrong to do research about exhausts before turbo? I know turbos require like 2.5-3" piping but does that vary with differnet turbo builds then?

i havent forgotten bout these links ;p
Old 02-27-2012, 10:46 AM
The Grumpiest

Why is it backwards? Because you don't know if the exhaust system you pick will ultimately strangle the turbo you pick by being too restrictive. If you want to play it safe get a custom 3" exhaust built and you shouldn't have to be concerned with that off the shelf stuff.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Youre right but, how will i be able to determine the sound of the custom exhaust built? i am not into loud *** exhausts for example skunk2 exhausts.. I been researching about exhausts quite alot, because i live in a very crowded city, and due to the fact i dont like to draw much attention. Which is why is why i am leaning towards the evo2 as its simply not as loud as the skunk2 (example)

But youre the superior here, so beside a custom built exhaust.. Any exhaust you would recommend that would fit my needs? turbo and not loud
Old 02-27-2012, 11:13 AM
The Grumpiest

Most will recommend the Apexi WS2 or it's knockoff, the Yonaka. The turbo itself silences a lot of the noise anyway. A bigger resonator will take care of the rest.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any other exhaust options? bcus i came across the Apexi ws2 already and didnt even bother doing more research about it, due to the fact it sounding quite 'lame' xd didnt like the sound.. It sounds a bit too empty imo

thanks 4 the suggestions though

Edit: But aint the apexi ws2 a 2.25" either? i just saw that on the internet. Why do you suggest that over the evo2 then? xD
Old 02-27-2012, 11:31 AM
The Grumpiest

No. Because no one one really knows what "sound" you're going for. I suggest a quiet exhaust option to your specs and you say it sounds "lame"?

You're on your own.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lmao sorry dude i didnt mean it like that.. It is an quiet exhaust, its just a bit too empty sounding. Dont take things personal ^.-

But pretty much evo2, ws2 and yonaka are the only quality exhausts out there with not such a loud sound? ;/
Old 02-27-2012, 11:50 AM
The Grumpiest

I'm not taking it personal. You're being a little overly picky with what you're looking for on a level that isn't even necessary. I foresee it being useless to try and advise you any further with you being that particular with something you can't personally hear.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:58 AM
The Grumpiest

Please stop PMing me. Thanks you. Good luck on your overly complicated build.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
I'm not taking it personal. You're being a little overly picky with what you're looking for on a level that isn't even necessary. I foresee it being useless to try and advise you any further with you being that particular with something you can't personally hear.
Dude, why is asking for quiet exhaust system 'too' picky? like for real dude.. you are exaggerating

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
No. Because no one one really knows what "sound" you're going for. I suggest a quiet exhaust option to your specs and you say it sounds "lame"?

You're on your own.
So this all came cuz i said Lame huh? Lol -.-
Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with Yonaka's WSII rep exhaust for my GSR. IMO the WSII is one of the best sounding exhaust. You should listen to marc and try to mimic someone else build if you don't know what you are doing.

The diameter of the exhaust needs to increase as your power levels increase so it is hard to say what will make you happy. We have no idea what you are going for other than wanting a quite exhaust for a turbo set-up.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for your reply, i been tryna search youtube for the Yonaka WSII, but i couldnt seem to find any video about it?

And yeah i will look up on some builds, yet i find it hard to decide which exhaust to go for xd There are so many exhausts out there, its hard to tell which one are good quality systems and which not xd

What inch are these Yonaka;s WSII btw?