Notices

Greddy or custom turbo?? Need Help!

Old 09-14-2001, 07:51 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy or custom turbo?? Need Help!

I have a 00' Integra Ls, and I'm starting to save up some money to go FI. My question is what kit do you think will benfit me the most? I heard that Greddy is making the same turbo kit for the GSR, for the LS. Or, I could go to my local shop and get a custom kit through them. I want to drag race and do a little autocross or road race here and there, but I hardly have the time to go out to the track. Also, I plan to make this my daily driver too. My goal for the 1/4 mile is somewhere around mid-to-low 12's (11's would be a bonus!). And I really want to try some auto-cross/road racing if possible. Thanks in advance.

Later
Dave
Old 09-14-2001, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy or custom turbo?? Need Help! (VoltageBlueLs)

Dave go custom Turbo kit if go Greddy you will not get the power your looking for....I got a 00 Type-R with a custom kit and I make Huge power if you need spec.s on my kit then IM me -Josh
Old 09-14-2001, 10:11 AM
ken
Trial User

Default Re: Greddy or custom turbo?? Need Help! (VoltageBlueLs)

If you are going for mid-12s, you probably won't get that kind of power from the Greddy kit. Pluses of the greddy kit is mainly simplicity and reliability, not power. The size of the turbo is smaller than other kits like Drag and FMAX.

A custom kit would get you closer... but will probably end up costing you more if you have a shop put it together and install it. "Custom turbo" means $$ to their ears.